Monday, October 27, 2008

Patricks hit the Pumpkin Patch!

This past weekend was a busy weekend for the Patrick family. It's not that we even got that much accomplished but with a newborn to feed every 2 - 3 hours (from start to start), I feel like we did not stop going all weekend! It is amazing how much longer it takes just to get 4 people out of the house! :) We were excited to head to Berry Patch Farms again this year to see the pumpkin patch. Although it is a little ways to the boonies, it was worth the trip! As soon as we got there and started to walk in, though, Rhodes decided she was hungry (poor girl!) so we walked around for a little bit before Rhodes and I had to head back to the car to nurse. We checked out the animals and walked out to the pumpking patch (Ali did not want to ride the hayride - she was too scared! Next year, maybe!). Ali was so excited to be there and it was such a fun thing for the four of us to enjoy together!! After Rhodes and I headed to the car, daddy and Ali went around and played on the playset (probably the highlight of Ali's trip - she just LOVES to swing and slide - she would do it 24/7 if she could!), got Ali's face painted, and bought a funnel cake & boiled peanuts for the road. Even though we started getting ready around 9 a.m. - I was scared we would not make it back for the 3:30 kickoff (UGA/LSU) but we made it with a little time to spare - what a fun morning, though!! Here are some pictures from our fun morning at the pumpkin patch! Since Rhodes was hanging out in the Baby Bjorn all morning, she did not get many pictures - so I added another picture of our THREE week old (really?? Where does time go!) from this weekend at the top! We can't wait until next year!
















Life with two girls is going pretty well - we are slowly but surely getting adjusted. Rhodes is nowhere near sleeping through the night and that is probably the hardest part. I feel so drained by the end of the day with nursing and knowing that I will be up in a few hours - but, oh, it is worth it! I do look forward to the day when the nighttime feedings go for a little longer in between, though! :) Ali still is in love with her baby sister and I can't wait to watch this grow and grow!! I love my two little princesses and I can already see the different personalities between the two. I hope to write more and have more fun things to say once we get more in the groove and a little more sleep, etc. :) We're looking forward to the fun times ahead!

No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones