Wednesday, October 1, 2008

A huge disappointment!

So my doctors appointment this morning was a complete let down. I told Ryan my worst case scenario of what could happen (thinking it could never happen) and it ended up being worse!! I broke down when my apopintment was over - I went in extremely giddy and excited and came out so disappointed and it is my own fault for getting my hopes up. Anyway - I was a little bit more dilated (had been 1-2 cm and was now a whopping 2 cm) and the doctor was about to leave the room and was saying "see you in another week" and I had to stop her to ask her about getting induced. I guess she did not know that I would cling to the words of getting induced from 10/3 on (you just can't tell a pregnant woman that - we won't hear anything else you say and will count on an early date!). She said that we could, instead, have our next appointment next Monday and schedule the induction b/c you have to schedule them a week out. What??? So, it won't be scheduled until the day after my due date??? (Not this Monday but the next???) Usually, that would seem fine/normal to me but since I have had this in my head that I would be having baby girl #2 early or on my due date at the latest - this was the absolute worst news I could hear. I never in my wildest dreams would have thought this morning that I would be going in to find out I have two more weeks of pregnancy left. What a LETDOWN!! Plus, I have been telling people for almost 2 weeks now that the baby could be coming this Friday (10/3) on and I really just don't want to go out into public anymore and have to hear the questions of when this baby is coming. (Well, that is a little dramatic b/c I am so down at this current moment and will probably be find in a little bit! But, ugh!) I also have a wedding I really wanted to try to go to on 10/18 but at this point it looks like I will not make it (least of my worries, I know, but I was hoping b/c it is two friends I have known forever and I was really looking forward to getting to go for a little bit). Plus, I think Ali is getting sick of hearing "Baby sister is coming soon" and hearing about her big sister party (thinking that would be sooner than later) - she has honestly started walking away when people ask her about her baby sister. Ha! She is just like her mama - wants the attention on her! I have started just talking about how she is going to be a Big Sister instead and I think she likes that better! Anyway, sorry for the depressing post but just had to vent and let people know that it does not look like baby #2 will be here as soon as we hoped! At least I won't be a week late (well, knock on wood - you never know!) like I was with Ali!! :) I am just going to continue getting as much one on one time with Ali as I can before her baby sister finally gets here!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry today didn't go well. I you are in need of a day at the spa. That cures all.

Soon enough you will have another wonderful baby girl!!

Love,
Emmy


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones