Sunday, October 5, 2008

Introducing......

Ryan, Ali and I are pleased to introduce the newest member of our family, Virginia Rhodes Patrick. The night after I wrote my disappointed entry on Wednesday, I had major pains all night long and was sick, and did not get a wink of sleep all night. I thought about calling the doctor (Ryan really wanted me to) but I was thinking it was just false labor. By the time we finally got ahold of my doctor around 10 a.m. on Thursday, she said to head to the hopsital and check in!! We checked in around 11 a.m. and I was on Pitocin around noon since I was not in full blown labor!! I was so shocked b/c I wasn't expecting her for at least another week at that point and there I was in labor 1.5 weeks early!! Labor went great (I only had to push for five minutes - allbeit, they were looonnngg minutes for me!) and we are finally home and adjusting to our family of four!! So far it has been wonderful and I couldn't imagine life any other way. Thank you all for your sweet thoghts and prayers - I cant' wait for everyone to meet our sweet little Rhodes. Here are some of the very first pictures of our newest addition...



VRP's first bath!

First picture with her Mama and Daddy

Meeting Mimi and Papa


Meeting Grandmommy and Granddaddy


Meeting Ali! Ali was SOO excited to meet her baby sister and hold her. It was love at first sight! I swear, every time she hears Ali's voice, Rhodes will open her eyes (she keeps them closed a lot so far - I can't wait to see more of those beautiful eyes). They even had a little moment yesterday where Rhodes just looked at her and stuck her hand out and made some funny newborn faces and Ali started dying laughing. She accidentally hit Ali in the face and Ali thought it was the funniest thing ever and said "She hit my face!!", cracking up!


The newest princess...

Meeting her Aunt Ashley and Uncle Ty


Miss Priss

Daddy admiring his princess

Meeting Aunt Anna Margaret and Mrs. Pilcher

Big sis keeping us all entertained at the hospital!

Meeting Uncle Sig and Frances!


Ready to go home (In the same outfit Big Sis Ali wore home from the hospital


Ready to go home with Daddy

Big sis, Ali can't wait to play with her little sister!

No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones