Thursday, October 30, 2008

It's about time! Ali's first haircut...






Today, Ryan was so wonderful to come home for his lunch break and watch Rhodes so I could calmly take Ali to get her first haircut. (the luxuries of living a mile from the office! I love having Ryan home for lunch most days!) We headed up to Pigtails & Crewcuts at the Avenues and it was such a cute little place. It is crazy to me that Ali is almost 2 and just now getting her first haircut (not that she has that much hair anyway - just that it is long in the back and short on top aka mullet), but since Ali was pretty much bald until she turned one (or later?), the time has finally come for a haircut! There were tons of things to distract a little toddler like Little Einsteins on the TV or toys to play with and all was well until the time came for Ali to get into a car/airplace/chair for the haircut. She got terrified and clung to me! I honestly would have thought Ali would have LOVED being in a car so I was a little surprised but I think she was just nervous about a new place and was not sure what was going on. It took a little bribery including a lollipop and a "supergirl" cape (Ali kept saying "I super!" and is still saying it! ha!), and the channel turned to Little Einsteins to convince her to hop in the fun airplane - but, once she was in, she was perfect and loved every second of it. We even got a piece of her hair and a cute picture taken at the store in a card to remember this momentous occasion by! :) I think Ali will be excited next time we head back to get a hair cut. She even got mad at Baxter when we got home for jumping near her head and messing up her hair "No! Hair cut, Baxter!" - she is soo precious to me!

No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones