Sunday, November 9, 2008

My baby is two!

On Noveber 8, 2006 at 12:44 a.m., two years ago from yesterday, our little Alison Brooks Patrick was born. Ever since that day she has never stopped amazing me and changed my life in the most incredible way.

Als, I want to record all of the things I can think of that you are doing right now. I think that you are very smart for your age and your daddy and I constantly find ourselves looking at eachother and saying "Did you just see/hear that??" b/c we are so amazed by you. Here is a list of the things you are up to at the ripe age of 2 years old.

-You LOVE music! We have dance parties and you love to dance around the room with Mama and Daddy! You get really excited to go to Music class every Monday and talk about going to see "Ms. Arie". Your favorite songs are Old McDonald (especially saying COW!), ABCD (and you can say the ENTIRE thing - amazing!! - although sometimes you start turning the song into Twinkle, Twinkle - How I wonder what you are instead of Now I know my ABCs), Bye, Bye, Baby, I see the Moon, ect. You LOVE to sing. I love taking you to the grocery store or Target b/c you will just sing loudly through the aisles. We definitely get some looks from other people (probably b/c they think that you are the cutest things ever - but some of life's greatest moments in my opinion!

-You love your family. You are the sweetest big sister to Rhodes and she adores you so far. (at the ripe age of 5 weeks!) You light up when you hear that any of your family members are coming to visit - and you make everyone feel so special. You say things like "I love you so much!" or "I love you ever" (your version of forever).

-You love to swing, slide and be outside. Coming inside from the car is always fun b/c you always want to make a pit stop by our playset - and especially love the swing. We bought you a moonbounce for your birthday (and for your birthday party) and you thought it was the greatest thing ever!

- You say so many words and it is so fun to see the little things you pick up on. For instance, you are really into birthdays (and you get that honest from me!). You have been telling people for weeks "My birthday coming up!" and then say "I be two!". One of your favorite phrases right now is "What's that noise?" and we just love the way you say it. The other night when eating dinner you told me "Mommy, it's dark outside", "Time to go night night", "Ali go night night". I was very impressed! When Rhodes cries, you will tell me "Mommy, feed her!". Last night you even tried to feed her yourself (pulled the Boppy around you and pulled up your shirt! Daddy and I got a kick out of that one!)

-You LOVE your friends and love to talk about them. Your favorites that you talk about are Libby, Bennett, Maggie Beth, Tate, Charlotte Anne, Gracie, etc. You love going to school and seeing your friends or love any time we get together with Libby!

-We have yet to start potty training b/c I didn't want to throw that on you with Rhodes being born (even though you never cease to amaze me and I think you could do fine with it). Tonight we got home from dinner at La Parilla and you sat on the potty and went to the bathroom - we were so excited! I'm sure it could be a fluke but it was still exciting!

-You love your milk and your "pappy". Whenever you are upset, you ask for one of these. You have such a good nature and are usually good at shaking things off once you get a little attention. You are quite the fan of attention!

- You are adored by your Mama and your daddy - and grandparents, aunts, and uncles! I can't wait to see what you will pick up on tomorrow and I thank the Lord every day that you are in our life! I love you my little princess - thank you for being you and for making my life brighter every day!

No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones