Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Week 37!

I am 36 weeks and 3 days today and about halfway into my 37th week! I have to admit that since my last appointment I have kind of been freaking out that baby #2 may be here sooner than later and a little panicked about getting everything finished. I heard there was a Full Moon and that got me really nervous. I am happy to say though, at this point, we pretty much have everything ready to go - I even packed my hospital bag yesterday!! The nursery is complete (and I love it!), bags are packed, toys/gadgets/clothes cleaned, and now we are just waiting for baby! I am enjoying every second of the next few days/weeks with my little Ali before baby sister comes and rocks her sweet world! I am treasuring every moment and trying to sit down as much as I can in between! (I swear, just chasing Ali may send me into labor! I don't feel like I ever have a second to take a breath until Ryan gets home!)

Today, we had another check up on baby #2! Everything seemed great - except my blood pressure was high and my doctor wants me to go to the drug store on Friday and Monday to check it and call her immediately if it is over 140/90 - I am pretty sure it was just my nerves today though. For some reason, today I got really nervous going in there. Just the obgyn jitters! Anyway, we have made some progress this last week. I was dilated to what she described as a tight 2 cm (meaning barely or almost 2) and 50% effaced. I stayed at 1 cm for about a month before Ali made her appearnace in this world, so this was huge to me - even though it doesn't necessarily mean anything. As long as this little baby girl waits until after I am 37 weeks and before I am 41 weeks - I will be happy! :)

Ali and I had a fun rest of the morning after my appointment. We went to gymnastics (probably one of the last ones I will make it too - I was exhausted!!) and she had a blast. Then, we headed to Atlanta to have lunch with Aunt Anna Margaret at her house. It was fun to get to see her and Ali fell in love with her dog, Lulu! I can't believe that the next time we do lunch, there will probably be four of us girls! It seems like just yesterday I was taking Ali as a little baby to go look at bridesmaid dresses & wedding dresses with Anna Margaret!! Time flies - and this pregnancy has gone by so fast!

No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones