Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Light at the end of the tunnel....

I had a great week 36 appointment this morning and have been giddy ever since! It started off with an ultrasound and I got to see our precious little girl again and everything looked great! The ultrasound tech said she gives her an A+ and she was doing great! Her sweet little head was down and she was very active throughout the ultrasound. I wish I could remember all of the details but I know the machine said she weighed 6 lbs 3 oz already!! Yay!! I am pretty sure that her head was in the high 90s percentile (we tend to have large headed aka big brained babies!:)), height was in the 50 percentile range and chunky weight was in the 70 range! She is thriving and just getting ready for her big debut! :)

Then, we went on to our appointment to see that I am 1 cm dilated! (Not that this is huge news b/c I am pretty sure I was 1 cm for WEEKS before Ali and I got soo excited the first week and thought she was coming really early - boy, was I wrong!) The doctor said we can look into inducing around the 39th week/40th week - she said end of September/ early October - but then narrowed it down to October 3rd or after!!! That is SOO exciting to me b/c I was just praying it was not going to be another 41 week pregnancy! I am so ready to meet this little princess - I can't believe how close we are getting. I go back in a week for my next appointment - we're down to appointments every week!! Family of 4 - here we come! :)

Ali had a fun morning with her Grandmama who was so sweet to take her to her gymnastics class. I am so obsessed with making sure Ali's life stays as normal as possible and that she still gets to do the fun things she loves so I am so glad it worked out! I know she had a great time!

It has been a fun last few days! I wanted to also say thank you to all of my fabulous friends that took me out to dinner last night for a little baby #2 celebration. Seeing as in the last 3 years, I have gotten married, had a baby a year later, and am about to have another one almost 2 years later, my friends have been so gracious to celebrate with me on all of these big occassions! I did not want a big deal made this time b/c I feel guilty (but can't wait to pay each and everyone of them back for all of their celebrations to come!) and last night was perfect! We had a fun dinner at La Paz and I was blown away when they surprised me with our double stroller! It was the perfect way too celebrate and I am incredibly grateful for amazing friends to celebrate this exciting time in my life with! I am also SOO excited about our new stroller b/c it is the one thing we really needed and were going to go buy and now we are set! I can't wait for Ryan to put it together so I can try it out! :)

I feel incredibly blessed today after a fun night last night and an exciting morning today!

No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones