Monday, September 22, 2008

37 weeks pregnant with a 22.5 month old!

As of yesterday, I was 37 weeks pregnant (aka Full Term!) and am now in my 38th week of pregnancy! My little baby girl is 22 months and a half today and I am blown away at how fast time flies. This pregnancy has FLOWN by and I have tried to cherish every moment but I know I have had plenty of times where my thoughts were more like "I can't wait for this to be over!". I have always been the type of person that does NOT like change and that looks to the past and wishes I could go back. I hate being that way but I am incredibly sentimental and I just want to make sure that I live every moment to the fullest and don't take a single second for granted. Sometimes I find myself looking at Ali and wanting to cry knowing that she does not know, in that sweet little heart of hers, how much life is about to change. It will no longer be just the two of us on a day to day basis and I get sad for her when I think of that but now I look at that thought and kind of smile/laugh at the fact that that is a completely negative way to look at this. yes, things are about to change in a big way - but what a big, amazing, exciting way it is! Ali is about to gain a best friend for life - one that will be there for her and share with her in the moments that a Mom can not and I am so excited for her and fun she will have (once the initial sharing Mama & Daddy sets in) and the constant love and best friend she will always have. A little bit jealous, maybe, too b/c I never had that with a sister. :) I watch the little things Ali does like how she tries to play chase with Baxter or walk him and order him around and how happy it makes her - and how much more fun that will be with an actual little person that will look up to her/share clothes & friends with her/play dress up with her/tell jokes and secrets with her/and on and on! What a selfish and negative way I had been looking at things like Ali will be devastated to not have me all to herself. I think we will always be the best of friends - just like I feel like I am with my Mom (even though we want to shoot eachother plenty!) - but there will be nothing like having a sister to talk about boys with, etc.!

I am so anxious to meet our second little baby girl and open my heart up to even more love. I feel her kicking my belly all the time and I just pat my belly and tell her that I will see her very soon!! It's kind of surreal! Somewhere in the next two weeks (hopefully!) I will get to meet this sweet baby girl and see what she looks like, if she looks like her big sis or is a total opposite. If she will be tall like Ali or maybe on the shorter side like her Mama. If she will have any hair and, if she does, will it be blonde like Ali's or dark? So many questions that will be answered so soon! Will she love music like her big sister? Like sleep as much as the rest of us? :) Will she be a healthy little baby? So much goes through my mind and it's all so crazy that I have no idea what she will be like, when she will get here, even though I know that when the time does come, our lives will be changed forever and I can't wait!

I had been worried since my last appointment about my blood pressure, but, under doctor's orders, I went and got my blood pressure checked at the pharmacy on Friday and today and everything was normal. Phew! I am so interested to see when I go back in two days if we have made any progress. I keep thinking Miss Priss will get here early and probably need to get that out of my head, but, now that we have made it to 37 weeks, I am ready for her whenever she is ready to come out and make her grand entrance into this world!

I pray that God blesses my two sweet little girls (and any siblings after) with long lives, amazing friendships and that they always know how much we love them. I have always heard this but I don't think you can truly grasp it until you are a parent - there is nothing in the world comparable to how you will love your children. Ali loves to say "I love you SOO much" or "I love you forever" (her forever is shortened to "ever" though) and it melts my heart! I need to get it on tape so I will always remember her sweet little voice saying it at such a young age!

I know I am rambling but I just thought I would record my thoughts today while I am thinking them!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG! Jamie, I am so happy for you!!!! Congratulations are in order for you and Ryan!! We were just talking about Ali the other night over drinks at Le-Deux. She is just the cutest thing we have ever seen!!!! So Cute!!!! I am going to be in Atlanta the weekend of 10/18 - would love to drop by and see the new arrival.

XOXO,
Stephanie


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones