Monday, September 29, 2008

38 Weeks!

I am happy to say we made it through the weekend. I was a little nervous about it when Ryan left for the game (Oh, how happy I was that I was not there! Watching it on TV was horrible enough!) but tried not to let him know too much b/c I wanted him to have a good time and chances were slim that anything would happen - but, still, there is always that chance! It was the one day that my doc specifically told me not to go into labor :) b/c of her daughter's birthday party, so that also made me positive that something could happen. Just because - that's my luck! But, we made it through and I am happily still pregnant. :) Yesterday, Ryan and I talked about when we thought the baby would come and both felt like it would not be until I am induced (and when will that be?? I would love to know!), but today I think there is a chance it could be different. I have been nauseous all day which is weird b/c I haven't really been nauseous my entire pregnancy. (maybe a little bit in the first trimester) I have also had some back pains on and off during the day that made me nervous - but, other than that, no change. One of the worst things about being this close (even though I actually have 13 days until my due date!) is that every where I go now, I get the questions "Is the baby here yet?" or "You're still around?" and at first it is cute, but time after time, I start to feel like such a let down! :) This is no comparison to last time since Ali was not here until I was 41 weeks - a whole week late - but the questions have started and I can't wait to answer them with a baby in my arms. :) Probably one of the main reasons people even ask this is b/c I have been so optimistic that baby sister would get here early (this changes daily at this point) and told everyone, so they, therefore, expect her to be here by now. At least we know at this point, that we will have a new baby girl in less than 2 weeks!! I told Ryan that yesterday, when I was playing with Ali, I looked at her and the thought went through my mind - how do I already have an almost 2 year old little person??? Where did time go??? Then, I looked at my belly and was like and how on earth did I get to be 9 months preggo?? Time sure does fly when you're having fun!

No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones