Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Like a bird...

Well, my nesting phase has officially begun! Actually, I feel like I have been in it at least since week 30, if not before. I just want to make sure I get everything I can possibly get done now while things are calm (well, as calm as they can be with a 22 month old!) and pretty easy! I washed all of Ali's old clothes a month or two ago and have been holding out on bringing all of the other toys/gadgets out until closer to baby sister's due date! Now that I am in week 36 (ahhhhhh!), I couldn't wait any longer. Ryan went up in the attic last night and brought down all of the baby necessities (swing, bouncy seat, bassinets, car seat, etc) so they could air out and I could wash/clean it all! Little did we know that we would have a little assistant to help make sure that everything still works!! Ali thought it was Christmas when she saw her daddy bringing everything down - she went crazy! It was soo cute! Any time we would leave the room, we would return to find her trying it out or figuring out a different use for all of the gadgets. She was hilarious! Here are just some pictures of what we would find when we left her alone for a minute (if even that!). I am sure this is not the last time we will catch her "testing out" all of baby sister's things!






We finally got Ali out of baby sister's room and heard her in the kitchen singing "Bye, Bye, Baby" (her favorite lullaby that she has been singing in her music class ever since she was 2.5 months old!). Ryan called me in there to find her here.... In the basket beneath a bassinet playing!! What a nut!



Bringing out all of Ali's old things made me so sentimental to my little girl growing up. I seriously got teary eyed when I accidentally knocked the switch on Ali's old bouncy/vibrating chair and the music started playing. It felt like I hadn't heard it in so long and it took me back to life less than 2 years ago and how small Ali was and all of the emotions/feelings I was feeling at the time. Although I can not believe my little girl has grown up - it made me realize how long it seems like it has been since those days! I can not wait to go through them again with baby #2!!! I am so excited for her to get here!!

2 comments:

Katie said...

I just showed Maggie B the pictures and she said "Lali (her way of saying Ali), friend". So cute!

Lauren Ann Patrick Thomson said...

I FINALLY got on the blog to see pictures of Ali. I miss so much being here in PCB. She is so cute. I didn't think she could get any cuter but all the blond hair makes her even prettier than she was. She will continue to be a big helper after the new baby gets here...fetching diapers and wipes. Take care.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones