Wednesday, September 24, 2008

37 Weeks and 3 Days

Today I had a pretty uneventful appointment with the doctor. I woke up and told Ryan that my gut told me that nothing had changed and, at this point today, I do not feel like this baby is coming until it's time. It's weird how you can go from one day or panicking and thinking the baby will be here at any moment b/c of pains, a little progress at the doctor, or just b/c you've convinced yourself - and then the next day, you can wake up and think you were crazy for ever thinking the baby was coming early! Anyway, we went on to my appointment to find my gut instinct was correct - no progress! Is it bad that this one statement is the first time I felt relieved that she is not going to be here too early and I can still get a few final things done before life changes forever?? It doesn't mean I am not so excited to meet her - I just know that God will bring her into this world when the time is perfect and I have been worrying over nothing that that time would come before I was 100% ready. Now that I heard those words, I feel less panicked and am already more relaxed and calm about her arrival! Other than that, my blood pressure was still in the 130s but not that is good - just high normal. I also lost a pound which is always nice (although I think it's just b/c I was on a different office scale today and probably just stayed the same!) Our doctor gave Ryan the go ahead to go the UGA/Alabama game on Saturday. Saturday is also her daughter's 3rd birthday so she is hoping I do not delivery anyway and then when we found out there was no change since last week - she said he would probably be fine to go. If I had been one more centimeter dilated though, she said she would have told him to stay. I was actually kind of hoping she would say this b/c I have felt bad that he has had to miss games lately - one home game to go to my reunion and has had to stop watching some on tv due to weddings, etc. And he is SOOO excited that it is a blackout AND that gameday is there! Plus, if any of you know about his crazy experience last year in Tuscaloosa when we got a bus to the game - I'm hoping he actually gets to stay for the whole game this year. :) My only negative thought is that just b/c he is going to the game - it will just so happen that I go into labor and cell phones work terrible in AThens on game day - let's just pray nothing happens and it is really still early (I will be 2 weeks from my due date on Sunday) that I am pretty confident all should be fine! I just want him to get to go also b/c I don't know how many more we can make it to with baby #2's arrival and a wedding - and I'm glad to get to put our season tickets/parking pass to good use!

Other than all of that, things are great at the Patrick household. I am in the midst of trying to figure out when to throw Ali a little family "Big Sister" party which excites me to plan. We also just got our 2nd video camera for our monitor delivered a few minutes ago - to go in Baby Sister's room - and it is kind of sad how excited I am about that! (Have I said how much I LOVE our video monitor - it keeps me sane and also makes me laugh a lot of times!) Also, I'm not sure if I wrote this on here or not but last week Ali had a rough sleeping week - she went one day without a nap and some others with short naps and was terrible to get to sleep at night - but, I am thanking the Lord now b/c my little sleeper is back!! I was terrified when I saw her sleeping habits go bad last week - perfect timing! Now, all is well though and she has been sleeping like an angel this week. Yesterday she napped for 4 hours and slept from 8pm - 9 am last night! Whew! What relief!! All is well and we are looking forward to another great week as we wait in anticipation for little sister's arrival! Have a great week!

No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones