Thursday, August 14, 2008

Update on my little girls...

Well, Ali and I survived the beach and were excited to be home yesterday afternoon!! Although I love being at the beach, it is always nice to be home, with my husband, in my own bed! Plus, the weather here was great today - I went for a walk early this morning (sleeping in is not so easy these days) and the temperature was in the 60s - it felt great!

I started off the morning with a check up on our little peanut. Everything looked great! Weight gain is going steady but not so bad (I am not going to even comment on how much less I weigh compared to this point last pregnancy with Ali!) and the heartbeat was going strong. I go back in two weeks - so, that is exciting. The closer appointments get together - the closer it means I am to my due date! I asked my doctor if I should expect to go past my due date again this time, since Ali was a week late (and I was even induced - so who knows how much longer she would have stayed in, if it was her decision!) and she said that typically the firstborns are late and hopefully this one would come closer to my due date. We shall see.... She mentioned that we can talk about inducing around 39.5 -40 weeks (unless she comes early on her own) so that got me excited. We can't wait to meet her. I can't believe I only have 8.5 weeks until my due date - 59 days to go!!

After my doctor's appointment, Ali and I went to the church playground (she was SOO excited! she loves the playground!) for a PAC playdate for her preschool. PAC is just PTA for her preschool and I can't wait to get involved! We had a great time and it got me really excited for Ali to start preschool in two weeks! I think she will LOVE it! Anyone that knows me, knows that I get obsessed with finding friends that will be in Ali's class growing up. I think this obsession stems from the fact that I had 3 of my lifelong best friends by at least age 2.5 (or really at age zero). I was excited today to find out that we know at least 3 other toddlers in Ali's class - plus, I am sure she will meet a bunch more, so that excites me. It is weird how excited I was to find out we got the information about preschool in the mail a few days ago - it brings back memories like it was just yesterday that I was starting school and how exciting it was to find out who was in your class, etc. I am so excited about the upcoming year and what it will bring - but I can't believe my baby girl will be in preschool! :) :( We have "Meet New Friends" day next week so I will be sure to take pictures (since I forgot today!) - I can't wait!

No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones