Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Thank goodness for video monitors!

Well, we've got a climber on our hands!! Ali's big girl bed has been going GREAT - I have been knocking on wood at what an easy transition it has been. Ali absolutely loves it! Today, on the other hand, I put Ali down to nap and I sat there and listened & watched her (on the video monitor) as she played and got in and out of the bed to bring her toys in bed with her. About an hour later, I thought she had gone down for the afternoon - but I started to hear noise again and just happened to look again - only to notice the camera moving (like someone was pulling the cord!!) and then I saw Ali's little head right in front of it and I watched as she jumped from the desk (that she was on) onto her bed. Uh oh - we are in t-r-o-u-b-l-e! I ran in there and by the time I got to her room, she was already back on the desk, grabbing toys off the shelves to take to her bed. She had the bottom two shelves cleared out and everything was in her bed! It made me a nervous wreck b/c luckily nothing bad happened, but it easily could have. I am just so grateful that I have a video monitor and can catch little things like this. I definitely recommend it to any of your moms-to-be out there - it puts my mind at ease and definitely helps out in situations like this! Now...to figure out where to go from here with our little climber. I got her back in bed and had to use bribery as a tactic to get her to stay in her bed - we'll see how long that lasts. Until then, I am going to also go ahead and take everything off her shelves and put things she would like to play with in a basket on the floor. The room may be messy - but at least it hopefully will keep my little stinker safe! :)

I am in my 31st week of pregnancy - 9.5 weeks until my due date and I am starting to really feel it. My energy level has been so low lately and I hate it b/c I am trying to enjoy these last weeks alone with Ali and I have little energy to go play outside and get worn out so fast! The little peanut is growing like a weed (or at least my belly is) and so is my weight gain - I am just watching it go up and up and that is NO fun! I just keep reminding myself that there is a very important reason for it and I am just trying to stay away from full length mirrors. I wish I could be a cute preggo! :) I was supposed to go back this week for my 30 week appointment but my doctor is out of town and I will be out of town for a few days next week so I do not go back until next Thursday. I am so nervous to see my weight gain at that point but oh well! I am so interested to see what she has to say at this point too - what position the baby is in, etc. I have been walking at least 5-7 times a week the past few months in hopes that that may help this little one budge a little early (unlike Ali!) so I am hoping, despite the low energy, that I can continue. We shall see!

Tomorrow, Ali and I have our first day of parent/tot gymnastics! Hopefully I can get some pictures to post and have a more uplifting post!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You're a gorgeous preggo!!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones