Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Little blessings

I hate that sometimes in life it takes having to watch someone else struggle or go through a hard time to realize how lucky you are. I feel like lately God has been trying to show me that in many ways and my heart breaks for other people's struggles, but it also makes me want to treasure every moment of the good things we have right now. You never know what tomorrow will bring! One thing that I know I take for granted is being able to get pregnant and have fairly easy pregnancies (knock on wood...so far, so good). I so easily forget that I used to have the biggest fear that one day I would not be able to have children one day b/c of my hypothyroidism. I got it at such a young age (10?) and I remember looking at things on the internet in college, etc and reading that hypothyroidism & infertility go hand in hand and I would break down at the thought of it. I need to be getting on my knees every day to pray to God to thank him for his kindness and generosity to bless me with my 1.5 children, but instead I find myself taking it completely for granted. I hope that realizations like this really stick with me and make me a stronger person and a more faithful believer in our gracious God!

As I type this baby sister (as Ali calls her) is kicking me like crazy in my belly. I sure am going to miss this feeling when she is here - but, then, I'll be able to hold her and look at her, so I can't wait for that! Everything has been going well with the pregnancy - we have safely made it to 32.5 weeks and I am feeling great! I need to praise my little toddler for her great sleeping habits lately b/c that sure is helping her mama out! The last few days, I just ask her "Are you ready for a nap?" and she goes in there, shuts her door (or I go with her, tell her night night and shut the door) and goes right to bed. She will stay in there for at least 3 hours and it gives me time to get in a good nap and get a few things done so I am so grateful for this! I hope it continues when baby sister gets here! Even the past few mornings, I will look on the monitor when I get back from my walk and see her in there, awake, just laying there/sitting up/singing songs/talking to herself. I think she enjoys the time by herself so I let her play for a little bit (and I get myself ready) before going to interrupt her quiet time. This is such a little blessing to me - as is pretty much everything about her! I really, really want time to stand still and for her not to grow up!

This past weekend we went to Ryan's 10 year reunion. It was not a very late night for us (the joys of having a preggo wife!) but we had a fun time! Ryan got to see some of his best friends and I know he was really excited about that b/c we do not see them nearly enough. Below is a pictures of a few of the guys at Scott's party beforehand. Now, we only have 2.5 weeks until my reunion!


Here are just a few random pictures from this morning - Ali in her pajamas playing around. We had gymnastics this morning so Ali wanted to practice going through her tunnel beforehand (even though her face looks horrified in this picture!)Wanting her mama to push her (again, not the happiest Ali face!)Excited to find her crayons hiding in her car!
We have meet your friends day tomorrow at pre-school and we are really looking forward to it! Maybe I will get a chance to snap a few photos... Have a great week!

No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones