Sunday, August 10, 2008

Fun with friends at the beach!

I am in such a sad mood right now and I thought maybe blogging would help! :) We just had a great weekend and I am so sad it is over!! (Pregnancy hormones? or just emotional Jamie?) We came down to St. Simons on Thursday night with our friends, the Holles, and have had so much fun being with them and watching the girls play. I was so sad to see them go and then, about an hour ago, my hubby left and I miss him so! I broke down when he left and kind of felt like we were back in the days when he was in law school in Macon and I was in Atlanta - what a sad feeling. :( It makes me so grateful for where we are now - but I miss him a ton right now! My mom got here right when he left and we are going to stay for a little bit this week, so hopefully, once I get over being sad and emotional, we will have a great time! It does make me realize that I do take the time I have with Ryan for granted and how sad I am that he can not be with us for a few more days. He is such a great husband to put up with me and my absurdities and such a great dad to Ali - thanks for a fun weekend, Ryan!! Can't wait to see you soon!! We love you so much!!

Now...on to cheering up and remembering the fun weekend we have had! ;) Here are a few pictures from our fabulous weekend at the beach with friends!! We had a blast!


Ali started off the weekend right - at the beach, eating her favorite cheerios, with her best friend, Libby! Still waking up.....too early to say cheese!
First stop....the beach! (In matching bathing suits of course!) When Libby was putting on her bathing suit, I saw it and realized that Ali just happened to have one just like it - so Ali wore hers too!
Ali is typically not a fan of the sand (notice the shoes - she does NOT like to get messy!) but she had fun playing in it this time! I think it was better for her b/c it was hard sand and did not get all over her too bad. Here are some pictures of the girls playing! Libby absolutely loved the beach and the ocean - but, Ali was not quite ready for the actual ocean just yet!
Building sand castles...
Playing with daddy...



Two peas in a pod...laying out!

On Friday night, we went out to eat with some of our other friends that were in town - the Postons and Reddicks. Ali loves her friends, Lauren and Libby!
All of the kids outside of Frederica House! Ali, Libby, Rhodes, Lauren, and Patrick They were great at dinner (thank goodness for a private room) and all got along great! The next day, the Postons invited us over to come swim at their house on Sea Island! It was such a special treat for us and we had so much fun! Ali and Libby somehow played at the pool from about 10:15-2:30. The only reason they stopped was because we got them out and changed their clothes - they had a ball with everyone! Here is a picture of Ali and her daddy standing by their pool out back - it was a beautiful view - I kind of felt like we were in paradise. :)
The girls at the pier - before dinner at Barbara Jean's! (My favorite!) They are too cute when they hold hands and hug.
Last day at the beach (this morning), building more sandcastles. Ali will do anything to keep away from the waves! If she got anywhere near them, she would start crying and saying "Mama, I scared!!" Poor thing!
Standing by her signature in the sand....
Ali and Libby standing by Libby's name in the sand...

We had a great time and hope to make this an annual event! :) Thank you, Brian and Emily, for coming down with us!! I feel better already! :)


No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones