Sunday, February 12, 2012

We are ready!

Tomorrow marks 39 weeks and we are all so excited and ready (well, I am sure I am the one that is the most ready - SO over being pregnant!)! Last week, the stomach bug hit our house and hit me last....I was so disappointed b/c, just my luck, it hit the night before/morning of my 38 week appointment. I had felt like it was Christmas Eve the night before....soo looking forward to my appointment and seeing if there were any updates...only to wake up a few hours later with the bug! Pregnancy hormones took over after I called the doctor and heard I would have to wait until the next week to find out if there were any updates....I had a minor breakdown! :) Truth be told - we had plenty left on our "to do" lists before the baby - so, even though I am slightly tired of being pregnant - I know this little baby will come when it is good and ready! Still one week til our due date and we have our bags packed, our house re-arranged and ready, all the baby essentials purchased (unless it's a boy - it may be wearing the same clothes for awhile...or a little pink! :)), etc. Today, the girls and I went to Build A Bear to build the new baby a present. Of course we came home with two new stuffed animals - a red Hello Kitty doll and a polka dotted bear! I tried to sway the girls to more gender neutral gifts, but these were their favorites! :) They had so much fun, but I am not so convinced that Rhodes knows that we will be giving the doll to the baby and not for her to keep! :)






Tonight, we finished off our day with a trip to Scalini's for their famous pregnancy inducing Eggplant Parmesan! :) It's never worked before, but I figured it was worth a try! :) Plus, being that this is my last pregnancy, I thought it would be fun to enjoy it one more time, guilt-free! I go in tomorrow for a 39 week appointment and am so curious to know if we'll schedule any induction or wait until the due date (the following week) to start talking about one. We shall see!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Hope you have a great appointment today! Can't wait to find out more!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones