Thursday, February 2, 2012

Proud Mama

I don't feel like I have bragged on my big girls enough lately and want to remember these days and their fun little personalities. We've had progress reports lately...

Got a surprise one in the mail from Ali's ballet teacher....
And, we had January conferences for both of the girls and I was so proud of both of my girls....

(Funny thing - Ali only got a "Making progress" in numbers 11-20, but her teacher said she wasn't sure if Ali was just playing a trick on her or actually didn't know them b/c, when asked, she responded "I don't have to know these yet, since we haven't gone over them in class!" Not sure about that attitude (although I doubt it was attitude b/c Ali would never want to upset the teacher, my little pleaser!) - but, when I asked her later, she knew the numbers)
*Ali gets a little nervous during fire and tornado drills - she tends to worry (she is her mama's daughter!) and gets a little bit anxious! Sweet girl! :)


Rhodes also had a great report...her teacher said great things about her and all of the things that were not a perfect A were things I already knew and things her teacher said were completely normal especially for her age....she just had to put that my short attention span child does not 100% love circle time and prefers to sit on her head instead of her bottom, etc. :) Our little family comedian. :) I was so proud of both of my girls after their conferences and hope conferences are always so easy! (but know it will probably not always be that way - can't imagine that many get bad reports in preschool! :))
I have also been so proud of Ali and her eagerness to learn lately. She never ceases to amaze me and sometimes I wish we just had more time at home where I would actually sit down and work with her b/c she wants to learn so badly! Although the transition from no papi has been a great one, one of the only problems we have had is Rhodes coming in our room to sleep most nights. Not exactly a habit I want to start with a newborn coming in a few weeks....so it is something we have been trying to work on. I came in Ali's room the other night and found a note Ali had written to Rhodes to get her to stay in her room and not go to our room....
I realize all of these pictures are not very good, but this one says "No Go E to Mama aod Dada Room" (I was confused at first but she explained that she didn't know how to spell "going", but thought it sounding like it had an E in it, there for the "Go E"). I was pretty proud of my little pre-k girl for her attempt at writing a little sentence all on her own.

Even though I don't have any paper to prove it - I also have been so proud of Rhodes lately. She has been my baby for over 3 years now and I feel like I was not ready for her to grow up. :) After being so brave and giving up the papi (and never really mentioning it afterwards), aside from the getting up in the night and coming in to our bed to go right back to sleep some nights, she has handled it all so well. I feel like she has grown into such a big girl these past few weeks - her room has transitioned into a big girl room (the playroom is now the nursery/playroom :)), she has her own big girl bed, she talks non-stop all day (who knew we were missing out on so much with that silly thing in her mouth) and she loves to make her mama and daddy proud. She is such a genuine sweet girl - just with a little spunk and fun and stinker in her :) - and I am so proud of her for the big girl she has transitioned into these past few weeks. The meltdowns that we were going through right before we gave up the papi are no longer and I think she is going to be a great big sister - just like Ali! I am so proud of my girls and who they are growing to become - and love them so, so much! :)

No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones