Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Our first week with Beck

It's hard to believe that our little man is 10 days old today! We have truly been loving every minute with this little guy....
At 10 days old, he has stolen the heart of many - especially the 3 Patrick girls. These two can not walk past him without giving him a big hug and a kiss (we're still working on not kissing him on the mouth or squeezing him too tight!) or asking to hold him or whispering "best boy in the world!" in his ear! To say they are in love is an understatement...

I am so proud of Beck's big sisters for how they have adjusted and how all of my pregnancy worries about the adjustment seem silly now! Rhodes, especially, has exceeded my expectations and does not like to leave Beck's side. (Ali is the same way, but I kind of expected her to be!) I'm not sure if it's the fact that this is my third child and I am more laid back, or that it is my last baby so I am clinging to every minute, or the bigger age difference this time - but, so far the adjustment from 2 to 3 babies has been a piece of cake compared to my adjustment from 1 to 2 which was incredibly hard. I have two little helpers (who sometimes like to help TOO much!) and am feeding him every 2 hours (sometimes 3 if I am lucky - with 2 hours of sleep in between!) during the night for 3o-45 minutes, but it just seems easier this go around. I'm okay with little sleep b/c I know it only lasts for a short period (and on the 2 days a week that both of my girls are in school maybe I can steal a quick catch up nap too!) and I sit there and hold him and wish time would stand still. Beck is sleeping a lot still during the day and makes for plenty of time to get household chores done...but I know those days are numbered! One week has already flown by too fast and with the amount this growing boy eats - he will be big before I know it. I am truly treasuring every single minute with my baby boy!

All of this being said - I have still had help most days - at least to run carpools, meals coming from wonderful friends through the beginning of April, and this week comes the true test of getting out and about with 3 kids....my opinions may soon change as I am trying to get the 4 of us out the door! Ryan starts teaching his night class tonight for the next six Tuesday nights so we won't see him until tomorrow - so this should be a true test for me! :) My expectations are low so we shall see! :)

I am thanking God every day for my new family of 5 - I feel so blessed that I just want to pinch myself and make sure it is all real! Life is good!

2 comments:

Catie said...

He is precious! I also have two daughters and a son that was born in November. My 20 month old likes to "hug" the baby and poor baby just gets smushed. I agree that the transition to three kids is smoother than to two. It is so fun to have a boy after all the years of princess and Barbie! :-)

Katrina Elliott said...

Hey is so darn cute Jamie!!! I can't wait to meet him!! Glad you guys are doing great! - Trina


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones