Saturday, July 26, 2008

Movin' on up!

Since my dad is a Legislator/Attorney/CPA, there end up being a good amount of conferences he has to attend for each - and a good excuse for little getaways. A lot of times, his conferences are at the beach, so that made for fun vacations growing up! This past week, he had a CPA conference at Callaway Gardens and Ali and I decided at the last minute to tag along for a little brief getaway with Mimi and Big Papa - but we missed Ryan!!! It was soo relaxing there and we had a great time walking the trails with Mimi, swimming with Big Papa, etc. We stayed in a one bedroom cottage and it was just so peaceful - but, I was still happy to be asleep in my own bed (with my snoogle pregnancy pillow!!) last night!!! Thank you Mimi and Big Papa for a fun little trip!! Here are the very few pictures I got from our little trip.

On the way to the cottage pool... (Ali loves to wear her sunglasses!)

Eating breakfast with Mimi

And just being cute...
Ali loved playing peek a boo in the car with her float - some how she dug it out from all of the other bags!

I see you!
Home sweet home....and look what we found!!!!
Well, while we were gone, Ryan surprised me! I have this huge checklist of things we need to do before the baby peanut gets here and one of those includes moving Ali into a big girl bed and moving the crib into the new nursery. We got a new mattress delivered on Friday (turns out the one we had was too big!) and I figured it would take awhile (and a little bit of nagging!) to get the actual bed moved b/c it is heavy and we needed a truck to move it. Much to my surprise, we came home to a big girl bed in Ali's room and the crib in the nursery!! Yay!! I was SOOO excited and am very happy with it!! I can not really find any good "before" pictures (and the "after" pictures aren't so great either!), but these will give you some idea.

This before picture was actually taken before Ali was even born - and there is tons of clutter on the shelves, but you get the idea! Ali's room before.... And, what we found when we got home.... (Ali was soooo excited!! All she wants to do is be on it now!! Thank goodness - and I hope this lasts!)
The cluttery guest room before (I called it my junk room b/c I just threw everything in there on the shelves!) - again, not a very good picture!Ryan and I painted it a different green - and, now, with a crib in it!!
So, now to the biggest news in our little family today!! Ali spent last night in her big girl bed for the first time. Her mama was a nervous wreck, but she did great and I am so proud of her. I am trying not to think about it, b/c I don't want to get the crying started that my little girl is growing up - but I am so very proud of her for how well she did! Luckily, we all 3 went to the concert on the square last night with some of our friends and she was completely exhausted last night, so that might have helped!! She did great though and so far, she loves her new big girl bed!!
Thank you Ryan for the great surprise! We love you and missed you!! Thank you Granddaddy and Grandmommy for the new mattress! Ali loves it!! Thank you Mimi and Big Papa for a fun and relaxing little getaway! Let us know if there are any more conferences coming up that we can tag along with you! Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi. I kept forgetting to check here for new pictures. I like the new layout, but I LOVE the pigtails! Too cute. Glad you all had such a good time with the g'rents!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones