Tuesday, July 8, 2008

20 months and counting!

Today is our little girl's 20 month birthday! Am I going to go through the rest of her/my life wondering where time goes? Time is flying! I am also 26.5 weeks pregnant - I can't believe I am entering my 3rd trimester. Things sure are different the second time around (except for the growing big, trouble sleeping, etc, of course!)! Baby girl #2 will be here before we know it. And....we have decided on a name! (I think!) But, we are keeping it fully to ourselves until she gets here - there have to be a few surprises in life! Yesterday, Ali, Mimi and I went over to a friend's house to look at their window treatments and she had two little girls two years apart and it was so fun for me to see them interacting and playing like two little best friends. Ali just stared at them like she wanted them to be her friends. It got me excited for our sweet road ahead! Yes, I know that if baby #2 is anything like her Mama and her big sister, our house will be filled with lots of drama and tons of emotion, but also lots of sweetness, love, giggles and happiness! I am so looking forward to what our world together has in store for us!

I want to make sure I try to remember everything I can about my days with my little ones. I'm hoping Ali can come back one day and read all of my blog entries so far and see how much she makes us laugh/smile/etc. Here's my letter to Ali today telling her (what I can remember) just a few things that she is up to right now.

Dear Miss Priss:

You're 20 months old today! It's so hard to believe it was 20 whole months ago that you came into our lives and blessed them forever! You are quite the character these days (as always!) and I'm pretty sure you know it too. You sleep a good 12 hours every night and I have to say, every morning I can not wait to hear you start saying (not yelling) "Mommy!" to get me to come get you - it's a great start to my mornings. You can say so many little words and have become quite the little copycat. You're so good about saying "Thank you!" when we give you something or hold the door for you, and you quickly follow it by adding "You're welcome". I think something that you love most these days is to dance. Anytime you hear music, your shoulders start to move back and forth and we have constant dance parties at our house to keep you going. You love music and you even help me sing your favorite lullaby, Bye Bye Baby, every night. You're so cute when you say your prayers (Amen!) before you go to bed or before you eat or just when you accidentally find yourself bowing your head with your hands clasped. (That's my favorite!) You LOVE to be outside or to go to the pool and to play Ring around the Rosy in the backyard. You're becoming so much more aware of things everyday - nothing gets past you. Last night, we had a storm and you were in bed (and decided you didn't want to be) so you knew just how to get me to come get you. You started saying to yourself "Mommy, I scared! I scared!" and the second I heard that on the monitor, I had to come get you. :) You have blessed your Mama and Daddy's life tremendously and we thank God for you every day! Thank you for making our lives brighter, our days happier, and most of our little moments full of smiles! Happy 20 month birthday little princess! We love you!

No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones