Monday, July 7, 2008

Fun on the Fourth!

We had a very fun (and very full!) 4th of July weekend! To be honest, I am a little relieved it is over b/c I am still recovering and exhausted! We were go, go, go all weekend and Ali and I stayed up way past our bedtime a couple of nights!

I only managed to snag a few pictures of the beginning of the weekend - at the parade at the square. We had so much fun!! It was only the beginning of the weekend and I was already dead tired by the end of it - and we just kept going after that! Ali, my mom, and I headed up to the square about 9 a.m. on Friday. My dad was walking in the parade and Ryan was running in the Peachtree - so they both managed to join us by the end. Here are some pictures of Ali taking the parade in - I hope it is a tradition that we do every year as a family! (as soon as Ryan can get there after running the Peachtree!) It really got me us in the 4th of July spirit and we got to see a bunch of our friends up on the square!

Enjoying some apples while we waited for the parade to arrive.....
Still waiting.... (Honestly, I think Ali had more fun running around during the hour and a half before the parade actually arrived than when the parade got there. She still had a lot of fun - but, she just wasn't sure what to think of all of the loud sirens! There was even one part where soldiers shot guns - very loud - and it made everyone jump!)
Daddy made it about half way through!! (can you tell how tired and HOT Ali is?)
Right after the parade we went to our bank for a hot dog cookout and it was a lot of fun! A lot of our friends were there to hang out with and it was shady so we were able to cool down! This is the first year the bank has been open on the square so we are hoping it will be an annual event.
Unfortunately, that's all of the pictures I have from the busy weekend! I hope that everyone had a great 4th of July!

No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones