Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Happy birthday Mimi!

This little face can make me smile no matter what mood I am in!
Today is Mimi's birthday - happy birthday Mimi!! We celebrated with the family on Sunday b/c it was the only day that the 5 of us could all be there - but we missed Ashley! Ali really enjoyed the cookie cake for dessert! (as you can see below)
Cookie Monster!
You know it is good when you get it on your nose!

Photo shoot with Daddy! Do you think we look alike?
There is nothing in the world (to us) quite like a sweet Ali kiss!!!! (and we are enjoying them while we can!)
Take 2 Mama...are you getting this?

So far, Ali has slept four nights (and three naps!) in the big girl bed and she LOVES it! I am so grateful that this (knock on wood) has been a pretty easy transition b/c I was so nervous about it. I just want to make sure that I do not try to make her grow up too fast just b/c she will not be the "baby" of the house come October. She is such a little person though and she really keeps me in stitches throughout the day! Her vocabulary is expanding by the second and she understands so much - Ryan and I will just look at eachother sometimes in awe at something she remembered/said/etc. Some new sentences she is saying include:
"Oh my goodness!" (This is my favorite - it is SO cute!)
"Mommy, come here!"
"Right here" or "Right there" to tell us where to stand or put something.
"Mommy, sit down!" (I always have to make sure she says please afterwards, but it usually does not come until I ask her to say it) or "Mommy, get up!"
She also loves to point at our cars and go "Mommy's car!" or "Daddy's car!", etc.
And the list goes on and on.... We love our smart and funny little girl! :)

1 comment:

Molly Scarbrough said...

Fun pictures, Jamie! I love Miss Ali's smile ... she'll be a great big sis :)


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones