Friday, October 29, 2010

Rhodes, the artist!

Rhodes has really been showing her artistic ability lately! On Wednesday, we made milk jug jack-0-lanterns and the girls LOVED decorating them. The only problem was that we had to use black permanent markers to color on them, which could have turned into a disaster, but there were definitely breakdowns when I wouldn't really let them use the markers on their own. After looking for other markers everywhere in our house, I made a mental note to get more washable markers for our house on my next Target run.

Yesterday, the girls looked so cute (as always, of course!) in matching pumpkin dresses, both insisting on pigtails....but, I really wish I had taken an "after" picture at the end of the day. After painting pumpkins at school and then coming home to different coloring projects, Rhodes' dress was no longer orange and both of their faces, hands, arms and legs were colored with war wounds from paint and markers! It started to dawn on me why I couldn't find any markers in our house...

Last night, I had so much fun with my friend, Mandy, at a Cobb Landmarks event - Beer, Wine and Brushstrokes. (Ryan and Rob went to a Young Lawyers Division Halloween party and got the award for best costume as Goose & Maverick! Free movie tickets for us - yay!) We had fun drawing our own little pieces of art (following our instructor's steps - just like Sip N Strokes!) and I was kind of proud bringing my artwork home! This morning, Ryan had already left for work and I got Rhodes up and let her venture into the living room while I had my morning phone call with my mom. Rhodes was awfully quiet and when I made my way in to check on her, I found that she thought my artwork needed a few finishing touches.... (and it seems our pillows did too!)

(This picture does not do her actual artwork justice - there were additions of black on the pumpkin and above it and highlights of red all over the entire painting! Luckily, it blended in a tiny bit since there was a red background already! :))

And that was the end of the markers for the Patrick household...at least for a few more years! :)

1 comment:

Jill said...

Oh No!! But I have to say I find random pencil marks on our wall from B & B. Miss you guys!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones