Sunday, February 1, 2009

Where did January go?

I haven't even gotten the hang of writing "2009" on checks, etc and it's already February! It's almost been a year since I found out I was pregnant with Rhodes - my how time flies! In the past month, I can think of 5 friends that have had babies - all boys - ! Rhodes is going to have plenty of boyfriends to grow up with and protect her!

Our lives continue to be non-stop busy. Some days I wonder if I'll ever just be able to sit down and watch an entire tv show and relax. I am reminding myself that, throughout the stressful times now that I am working part time, these moments are precious and treasure every minute. I adore my little girls and I am a very lucky Mama to have them in my life!

Rhodes is non stop full of smiles - the biggest smiles you have ever seen. She is a genuinely happy baby and there is no way you can look at her without smiling b/c her smile lights up her face from ear to ear. We feel so lucky! While Ali was in school on Thursday, Rhodes and I ventured out to Lenox and then to some of my favorite shops in Buckhead. I decided to Baby Bjorn it in the shops rather than mess with the stroller and everyone we passed told me that she was smiling so big! She just loves people and we love her! Her sleep is getting better and better. I have to admit - despite the fact that she will be FOUR months tomorrow (What??? I need to press pause - time is flying!) - she has been sleeping in our bed. I never did this with Ali but it was just so easy and I need the energy in the morning to entertain the girls all day, so I am guilty of being "that" mom. We have just recently moved her into her bed and when she fusses in the night - we will go put her pacifier in and then, when that doesn't work, I will typically feed her around 4:30 or later. Last night, though, I woke up panicked b/c she never woke up to be fed and was sound asleep. It's funny b/c this should be when I should be sleeping better - but instead, I of course worried something was wrong! Ha! She slept great, through the night, in her own bed for the entire night for the first time since her birth. I am hoping this is the first of many nights!! Yay for Rhodes!! In other Rhodes news, she is practically sitting up by herself. I can let her sit for a few seconds - although she leans forward the whole time - but I feel like the days of her sitting up by herself will be here before we know it. She also can stand pretty sturdy on her feet when I'm holding her hands - she has strong, chunky little legs!

Ali has been having a lot of fun with friends lately and still continues to crack us up and brighten our lives. The past two weekends we have been at fun friends birthday parties and then played with her other friends at night. She is in gymnastics class right now with two of her fun friends, Bennett and Libby and she loves it! We also just started Music class this past week and she, of course loved it. She has been in it with me since she was 2.5 months old, so this was an adjustment as now I was holding Rhodes on my lap and couldn't give Ali the 100% attention she was used to. Both of the girls loved it though, in the end - although I was sweating by the end of it, trying to keep them both entertained and happy! :) Ali has always been a music lover - she is so cute and sings songs with Ryan - he'll say a line and then she'll say the next line. The other day, Ryan was playing a dvd he got for Christmas of The Who in concert (boring!) and he went to give Ali a bath. She was really into the dvd and when she came back after her bath, I had turned it off and she started throwing a fun two year old fit and crying saying "No Mama, I want to watch Wock N Woll!!" We died laughing! One funny thing she is saying lately is adding "probably" (aka "probley" in Ali talk) to a lot of sentences. I'll ask her what she which cup she wants to use, for example, and she'll say "I probley want that one!" I need to start writing down funny things Ali does as she does it (or videotape it) so I can remember when the time comes to update my blog! She is a non stop talking machine!

Life is good - busy, but fun! Here are a few pictures of our little family from the past few weeks.

This is what happens when you (Daddy) give Ali dream pie. What a mess - but so delicious!
I am having such fun getting to dress the girls alike now - it has only just begun, my girls!

Smiley Rhodes!
She has such a little (big?) buddha belly! Rhodes is no small baby - round and healthy!

Rhodes and Daddy photo shoot




Ali eating breakfast at Charlotte and Frances' Pink Pancake 3rd birthday party


Ali and Emma had the same dress on (in this picture they are also wearing the aprons they were given as favors at the party) - they were too cute. Ali couldn't stop to pose though b/c she was on a very serious phone call.



Rhodes is loving the bumbo. It is hilarious to watch her in it - with her little arms swatting at toys!
Ryan taught Ali to say "What's up?" with her hat on backwards and arms folded across her chest.

Ali's jumperoo?

Or Rhodes'?

No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones