Thursday, February 26, 2009

Playing dress up

We have been doing LOTS of dress up lately! It's all Ali wants to do! (which is fine by me!) Here are some pictures of what has been going on at our household.

This is a horrible picture - but I am so mad I didn't get a better one. The other day, we were watching A Bug's Life and Ali decided she wanted to be a ladybug. She went in the playroom and came back out in her ladybug outfit that went to her waist (circa Halloween 2007 - when Ali was almost 1!), lady bug hat, leis around her neck (from New Years 2009), princess high heels, and princess crown (from Emma's birthday party last week). It was quite the sight. Especially b/c she has the skinniest, longest legs (I'm jealous!) and they were completely exposed with this little Halloween costume. She is our constant entertainment. Rhodes is such a trooper! The other night, Ali wanted to put on her tutu and wanted Rhodes to put one on too - so here are some pictures of my little ballerinas. Rhodes has been sucking on her bottom lip a lot lately (see picture) - when she is not smiling and laughing that is!

My two ballerinas

Ali showing off some of her ballerina twirls....I can't wait until we can sign her up for ballet class! Let's hope she has more dancing skills than her Mama! :)


Rhodes - not quite sure what this thing is around my waist!


Tutu sisters!




I am going to make it a goal to try to start taking more video tape of the girls - we have been out of tape and therefore, have no video clips. We barely have any video of Rhodes because of this and I hate it b/c we have such hilarious, special moments these days. The girls light up when they see eachother - especially Rhodes when she sees Ali. Now, I know, being so close in age and sisters, the sisterly love may not always be so apparent down the road - so I want to treasure these moments. Rhodes entire face will beam when Ali walks in the room and Ali loves to go see Rhodes first thing in the morning and run to her and start talking in a baby voice and say "Rhoooodes, I love you!". There is nothing more precious to me!
Other than that, all is well in the Patrick household. Ali is becoming more and more aware of what SHE wants and is not afraid to tell us if she is not happy if things are not her way. She has a fake cry down - she can even do it on call! I think we may have a future theater star on our hands!
Rhodes is growing, smiling, eating less and almost completely sitting up. Last night, she went to bed at 8:30 and slept the entire night through in her bed without a single peep until after I showered this morning. When she woke up, she even just sat in there and moved around and looked at her mobile - not one scream! What a great night/morning! She has been a pretty good little sleeper - but 11 hours was a new record! Thank the Lord!
Have a great weekend!






No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones