Saturday, January 28, 2012

A final peak!

This past Thursday, we had our last sonogram! I was so excited to get one last sneak peak. Baby P weighed in at about 6 lbs 1 oz (so the ultrasound says!) and looked great! Best news of all (and main reason we got an extra sonogram) was that he/she was head down - woohoo! I was kind of in a state of panic as to what was going to happen if baby was still breech (and I had thought he/she was a few days before)....so relieved to know he/she flipped their head around. Dr. Cauthen said everything looked great and we have reached the point where the baby is safe to arrive at any time now...but, in case it is a boy, it is best to stay put for another two weeks as little boys sometimes get wimpy white boy syndrome if they come out too early. :) Of course, every day I wake up and have daily end of pregnancy aches and pains, I get afraid that this baby is coming sooner than later....partly b/c we are still not completely ready. Hoping to make more progress this weekend! I am already 2 cm dilated (not that that means anything), so now it is just time to wait and prepare....get the nursery ready, finalize the name, wash some baby clothes and get ready to meet this sweet baby!! I feel like we have made such progress with our family this past month for our newest addition and we are all so excited to meet our final family member! Can't believe how close we really are!!!

It's hard for me to believe that these are my last few days/weeks of being pregnant ever again! (Knock on wood! :)) It is an experience unlike any other and I have tried to enjoy every second of the sweet baby moves and kicks in my belly...crazy to think I will never have that feeling again after this little one is born...it is an amazing feeling! I always enjoyed being pregnant with my first two, but the growing big and tired this go around has been exhausting and so much harder with the older 2 to chase around. It's hard to feel like a great mom when I feel so tired and short with them sometimes - but I really try to give it my all and just suck it up, knowing that I will soon be dividing my time between three little ones and want them all to get the attention they deserve! :)


No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones