Sunday, January 8, 2012

Six weeks to go!

It's hard for me to believe that in just six weeks or less, we will be a complete family of 5! Now that we have dealt with our pacifier dilemma and a huge sense of relief has set in - I have started to get really, really excited about what is heading our way! I had been having issues with Rhodes loving being the baby of our family.....(I'd ask her if she thought the baby in my belly was a boy or a girl and she would say "No! I'm the baby!", etc etc!)...and I had mother's guilt worrying about her being sad about losing that position! The last thing I want is for her to ever feel like this baby is taking over her position or for her to get lost in the middle (but, I am a middle child - so we have that special bond!) - and for her to always know how much I adore her....and she was scaring me for awhile there, saying that she didn't want a baby - she was the baby! (but..note to future baby...this was all while we were saying "papis are for babies" to try to get her to get rid of that thing - so we were making things worse and she was clinging to being the baby!) But, I really feel like now both of the girls are SO excited and ready to meet their little brother/sister and it excites me so much! We took a family trip to Babies R Us on Saturday to get a few things on the never ending list - a stroller, nursing accessories, diapers, baby wash, etc. and then to A Room of their Own to look at bedding, etc (in case it's a boy - need to pick it out!!) and it all kind of hit home how close we are.

Last Tuesday, Ryan and I were excited to head to our 33 week appointment to have our last peek at the little bit. We had an ultrasound and saw that the calcium deposits were gone (hooray!!) and the baby looked great! We made it through without finding out and turned our heads when the ultrasound tech went looking below the waist! The ultrasound said the baby weighed about 4 lbs, 9 oz and we were thrilled to have such great news! The only possible problem is that - just my luck - the baby is currently breech! Yikes! Once we got in to the doctor, we discussed everything and she said that there is still time for the baby to move to the normal position, but if he/she doesn't - then one option is for her to move the baby manually from my belly. Ummm....really hoping this baby gets a move on, b/c I do not want to do that! She also mentioned that since this is my third and I have not had any issues in the past with deliveries - that it is possible to deliver the baby breech! Then, she looked at my charts and saw that I have big headed babies, so that idea was nixed. Praying this baby turns soon so we can rest assured that I can deliver normally, once again! ;) Another thing from this appointment is that my doctor KEPT accidentally saying "she" - I have no idea if she knows or not, but Ryan and I both left thinking that she knew and were convinced it is a girl! She kept reassuring us that she was just saying that since we have two girls and she really has no idea, but I just don't know! :) Can't wait to hold our baby girl or boy in less than 6 weeks!!

No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones