Thursday, June 26, 2008

Staying busy!

This past week has been a busy one - I feel like I've barely gotten to see Ali with doctors appointment, some work, hair appointment, etc- but I know she has had a fun week spending a little time with all of her grandparents. On Tuesday, I had a little pregnancy "scare" and had to go in for an emergency appointment, but, thankfully, everything turned out great! I went back today for my 24 week, 4 day appointment and everything was perfect so I am happy to be in the clear again! Baby Patrick weighs about 1 lb 5 oz and everything was exactly where we wanted it to be! I was excited b/c we got to have another sonogram just to make 100% sure everything was okay. I learned for the first time today that I get two ultrasounds b/c I am "high risk" b/c of my hypothyroidism - I'm glad I did not know this earlier b/c I would have freaked myself out in my pregnancy with Ali, but now I understand it is just protocol and gives me an extra sonogram, so that is fun! It was so fun to see our little peanut again today and she looked great! It is just always so reassuring to hear/see her in there growing and measuring well! I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulder after the week I have had! :) I do have to say that little scares, like the one I had this week, help me keep a good head on my shoulders and realize that just b/c I had an easy/perfect pregnancy with Ali does not mean that things will always be perfect and it helps me not to take even the little things for granted! God is good and I am grateful for the little miracles He has blessed my life with.

We have almost completely cleared out our guest bedroom to start getting ready for our next little addition. We have a few holdups in the mean time - 100% deciding the name (although I think we are almost there- I am, at least!) for monogramming purposes and deciding whether or not to move Ali into a "Big Girl" bed and then actually doing it. Her "big girl" bed is in sitting the nursery for now and I think we will try moving her sooner rather than later to let her adjust before sister gets here (so as not to throw too much at her all at once), but I'm trying to put it off b/c I don't know how to know if she is really ready and, honestly, she is still my little baby and I like having her in her baby crib! :) I will keep you posted on my progress with the nursery with pictures, but I am having fun slowly decorating it for now!


And, on that note - here are a few pictures of our little ones from this past week:
The kiddos hanging out...Our little bathing beauty (after a bath)Playing around in our screened in porchPeek a boo!The littlest Patrick - 24w4d

No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones