Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Busy, busy!

This has been yet another busy week for the Patrick girls! (and boys) We are enjoying Vacation Bible School this week - although it is wearing us out! We are taking the day off tomorrow and I am looking forward to some mama/daughter time b/c, honestly, I have kind of missed being with Ali this week - although I know it is good for us to be apart. The first day at VBS, she cried when I dropped her off and I had a miserable time the rest of the day b/c it makes me sad to walk away with my daughter reaching for me to save her and yelling "Mommy! Mommy!". Much to my delight, though, as soon as I got back Ali was in great spirits and they said she had cheered up right after I walked away. I have kind of dreaded dropping her off every day since but, turns out, she has gone quite easily (even with other little ones crying in the room) and it has been so nice! Today, even, when I went to pick her up, a few kids were crying, but she was laughing and playing with a toy vaccuum! Ha! It makes my heart feel good to pick her up and see her so content!

I am trying to think of something fun to do tomorrow morning with my little girl. If I come up with anything fun, I will try to post some pictures this week! I feel like we have been so busy lately that we haven't gotten to do fun activities, just the two of us! I am trying to treasure every little moment (and not get too stressed at the terrible 2 fits that are beginning!) I have with baby Ali b/c I am realizing how quickly time passes and children grow up! Ali is already 19 months and I still feel like she is just born. Someone gave me good advice once to just take the time to just forget about cleaning the house and forget about cooking dinner and sit down on the floor and hug your sweet baby b/c before long they will grow up! I try to keep that in my mind every day b/c I can be easily stressed sometimes and realize that these moments are precious and I am enjoying them while I can! :) Now, if I could only find a magic button to make time slow down sometimes - then my life would be perfect! Have a great week!

No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones