Friday, June 13, 2008

18 Month appointment

Ali finally had her 18 month appointment today (even though she turned 19 months this week!) and it went great. I had had to reschedule last month b/c it was her last day of music class and this is the first available appointment they could get us. Anyway - we thought she had gained some weight b/c she is getting harder for me to pick up (along with the pregnancy, of course!) and she definitely did! Her height was 33 inches (90%!), her weight was 25 pounds 9 ounces (75%), and her head was 19 & 3/4 (100%). Her head measurements always make me laugh b/c I am pretty sure it has always been off the charts - full of big ole brains! :) It doesn't look proportionally big by any means, but some shirts (mainly Bailey Boys) are nearly impossible to fit over that noggin! I don't personally notice that Ali is tall, but people are always commenting and I guess they are right - since she's in the 90%! Definitely does not take after her 5'2" mama in this area - she must have gotten her daddy's 6'2" genes or maybe Big Papa's 6'5" genes skipped over me and all of my children may turn out a foot taller than me!



Other than that, everything went well! Ali did not stop talking the entire time we were there - the nurse said she could just skip over the question of whether she knew 20+ words since she'd probably heard her say about 50 by that point. It was honestly kind of wore me out - being locked in a little room with a very active toddler is exhausting! Unfortunately, at the end came two not so fun shots that are always horrible - but Ali was a trooper! (Even though her face practically turned purple when they started from not taking a breath in the midst of her cry) As soon as we got in the car, we swung by Mc Donalds on the way to the mall (Father's Day shopping) to get Ali some apples - her favorite treat! (I am enjoying the healthiness while it lasts!) Nothing puts a smile on her face like a bag of apples! ha! I wish I could say the same for her mama. :)



We are excited to have a fun, busy weekend planned cooking out with friends both nights, as well as some pool time before a busy Father's Day on Sunday. Busy but low key - and both nights we will be at friends' houses within a mile of our house so we can save some expensive gas money! Have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones