Thursday, May 1, 2008

This is the day that the Lord has made!

A day like today makes me so happy to be alive! The title above reminds me of my grandmother, Gindy! It is a song we used to sing when we were little and a phrase she used to say - she even said it the morning of the day she passed away. This is truly a day I thank God for. It is beautiful outside - I hope to catch some rays after Ali wakes up from her morning nap! I started off this morning with a 16 week checkup on baby #2. Everything looked great and it is always so great/reassuring to hear the little one's heartbeat going strong. I go back in 4 weeks (5/29) and have my ultrasound to see what this little one is going to be. I kind of go back and forth at what I think it will be and it is kind of fun to keep guessing - so it will be weird to actually know what Ali's little sibling is going to be. I am looking forward to telling Ali about her little "sister" or "brother" rather than just saying "baby". After my doctor's appointment, I came home to pick up Ali and we headed to Laurel Park to play with friends. We went for a little stroll around the park, played on the playground, had a picnic lunch and it was so much fun!! It wore Ali out and she is now down for an afternoon nap. This is my first week only working one day a week and I am loving my stay at home mom days. Getting to be with Ali and watch her learn new things, play with friends, etc makes my heart happy! I wish I had a picture of the fun little playgroup from today but I forgot my camera!! I am enjoying the silence before going out to play more in the sun with my sweet little girl!


We also had a very fun weekend this past weekend. After church on Sunday, we headed up to the square for Taste of Marietta. Unfortunately our trip was cut short due to a rain storm - but, it was still a fun experience and I am already looking forward to next year! After that, we went to celebrate the new marriage of Ryan's brother, Evan and his new wife, Jill, and the rest of Ryan's family. We are very excited for the newlyweds!!

Here are some pictures of Ali trying to wait out the storm in the car at Taste of Marietta.

No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones