Thursday, May 22, 2008

Redneck swim party!

Ali has been obsessed lately with washing her hands and taking a bath. I mean, I can not pass by a sink without her grunting to get over there and saying "Hands!" I hate it because we are under water restrictions here in Marietta and I don't want to waste all of the water, plus, I do not want her to sit up on the sink for hours b/c it's high up and not safe(and whenever we actually do wash her hands - a fit is definitely thrown at the end when I tell her we're all done!). Today, Ali was a little grump when she woke up from her nap and washing her hands seemed to be the only think to turn that frown upside down. I finally broke down and told her we would go wash her hands outside (her other favorite thing to do - be outside!) and that got her down with ease (Thank the Lord!) so we went to go put on her bathing suit and head outside! Now, I thought I had her swimming pool ready to go ( I didn't remember it was one that had to be blown up!) and so I went to get it and there was no air in it and it was filthy! We decided to use another alternative instead! Yes, we may have looked a little like rednecks but it did the trick and Ali LOVED it! Looks like we will be spending a lot of time in the outdoor "tub" until the MCC pool opens - thank goodness that is this weekend!

Ready to go!
Ali LOVED playing with the hose! I tried to get her to put all of the water in the tub but she missed a few times! I promise I was trying to be conservative with the water - hoping to use it later to water plants during our "watering hours" so as not to break out watering restriction, but a little bit of it was already used to water the grass, by Ali!
Ooops - another slip up! :)
Enough water in the tub - so, time to test it out! The perfect size for Ali - as redneck as we may have looked in our backyard!



Fill er up!
And give the grass a little sprinkle!
Ali is definitely a summertime girl - we are ready for lots of fun in the sun (and water!) this summer!

No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones