Wednesday, May 21, 2008

A visit from Aunt Corn

One of my oldest and dearest friends, Dr. Kelly Cornett Homlar (Although to me she will always be "Corn") actually got away from her busy life as a doctor for a few days and came in town yesterday for a visit! It was SOOOO good to see her - I really can not think of the last time we got to spend any amount of time together (maybe my wedding??) b/c of the craziness of jobs and living hours away from eachother. Corn is a resident in Orthopedics at Vanderbilt University (yes, she is brilliant) and so, at this point, we live completely different lifestyles - but, it doesn't change a thing when we get together - same as it always has been for the last 27 years! :) Ali instantly fell in love with Corn over the past day and we had so much fun today going to Laurel Park to play, going out to a veggie lunch at Gabriel's and walking around old Marietta. I am keeping my fingers crossed that there is a chance that Corn and Robert may move back here after she finishes her residency!! It would be so fun to have her here and I know Ali would LOVE it to get to see her Aunt Corn more often! She took very good care of her today & it was such a special treat for the Patrick girls!!


Here are just a few pictures of Ali with Aunt Corn going up and down the "big girl" playground at Laurel Park!





We love you Corn and miss you and hope to see you again very soon!! :)


1 comment:

Ajax1021 said...

Corn!!! Good to see you back in town. I hope you move back. I wish I had an "Aunt Corn" when I was litte :)


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones