Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Happy Memorial Day!

Happy Memorial Day! I hope everyone had a fun/relaxing Memorial Day weekend! We had a fun-filled Memorial Day weekend and I think I am going to have to catch up on some rest this week! :) We are leaving for Disney World on Friday night (to spend the night at my parent's condo in St. Simons on Friday) so we are going to need all of the rest we can get before then - but are so excited!!

We kicked off the weekend with Marcia's (or, as Ali is calling her these days Mammama) Retirement luncheon at her school. She was the honored guest and had to go on stage to get "roasted" and it was a special luncheon! Ali luckily behaved throughout it all (and colored) and we had a fun time! We are so proud of her that she is now retired and Ali is excited to get to see her even more now! Congratulations Marcia/Mammama!!



Ali is not so good at letting others be the center of attention - and, had to get her time on stage as well!


We relaxed on Friday night through the storms and it was so nice! I feel like our lives have been so go, go, go these days - there is never time to sit and relax with my husband! On Saturday, we were excited to go to the club to enjoy the opening day at the pool! Ryan and I joined the MCC two years ago when we lived in our house in Brookhaven and sometimes I wonder if it was a wise decision, but I wanted my children to get to go up to the club pool, tennis courts, etc like I got to do with all of my friends and I am so excited summertime is here so Ali can start enjoying it more! Days like Saturday make me SO glad we did join b/c we had so much fun (although the water was FREEZING!) and had a bunch of our friends there to play with! When we pulled up to the pool at 10:01 (it opened at 10) we were the first ones there to open the pool for the season and pretty much had it all to ourselves until friends of ours started arriving around 10:30! We had so much fun playing in the pool and can't wait to play more all summer long!

Unfortunately, those are all of the pictures I got from this weekend!! We grilled out with my parents one night to kick off my birthday week celebration :) since I will be in Disney World on my actual birthday, we played in the backyard with the wagon and beachball/sprinkler and just had fun being with family and friends! Last night we finished off the weekend by having our supper club over for our month of hosting! We always enjoy being with them so much! Ali stayed up and joined the supper club party for a little while and especially loved looking at baby Harry McNeel, the newest baby member of the group. Now, if only we could get the rest of the supper clubbers to start having babies! :)
I hope you all had a happy Memorial Day and a great week!! We have a big week ahead of us this week! I turned 20 weeks this past weekend and have my sonogram on Thursday to find out the sex of this little one kicking my belly!! I am excited/nervous and am having fun guessing until then. Our gut is telling us girl - but, our gut told us boy last time when we were blessed with Ali! I will be sure to post when I find out! Then, on Friday we head down to WDW and Saturday is my 28th birthday! Big week!

No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones