Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Bye bye sweet baby curls - Rhodesy's first haircut!!

Today was one of those motherhood days that I loved - getting organized, doing some shopping and just spending the day with my girls with no place I had to be! My cleaning lady came over at 9 so we set out to pick up Mimi - next stop, shoe shopping!After at least an hour in the shoe store - we headed out for a girls lunch...then, took the girls out for haircuts - Rhodesy's FIRST! I was so nervous and trying not to tear up watching them cut my precious baby's first curls....but those curls had gotten so long and Rhodes needed a new 'do! I feel like she got a mini-makeover today - from crocs (she wouldn't take them off and insisted on wearing them with every smocked outfit she owns! ;)) and somewhat straggly hair - to her new favorite shoes, Keds (with socks - hooray!) and a new bob! She looks like such a big girl now and it was so fun/bittersweet/sad watching her sit there and get her first hair cut!

The 'do before:
Getting sprayed down and ready for the scissors...


Rhodes loved swirling around in her airplane - she did great during the hair cut - only a little bit antsy towards the end...


Back to business with my new hair! :)
Love this sweet profile
Tired eyes with her new look...sweet, sweet Rhodeso
Ali's turn! She had just gotten a hair "cut" (trim) about 2 weeks ago - same place - but she was ready to go for a little more once she saw Rhodes up there!

My pretty big girl....ready for 3K!

Cutie patootie! :)
Seems like just yesterday this was her:
http://jrapatrick.blogspot.com/2008/10/its-about-time-alis-first-haircut.html

I went back and looked at this blog and noticed the girls were in the same chair for their first haircut...how different they are and how hard it is for me to believe how fast time flies! They are my heart!
We go tomorrow for Open House at the girl's pre-school and get to "meet" their teachers! Luckily we already have met both of them - Ali even got lucky enough to get Ms. Garrett again! (she moved up to 3s this year!) We can't wait to meet all of their new friends/classmates this school year....looking forward to meeting their parents tomorrow! Ahhh...I can feel Fall coming in the air (although not in the temps quite yet) and I can't wait!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the lovely picture of MIMI....

Anonymous said...

Jdq r zvu o hot sex movies, sex. Arv b, ivj hhuiry|unb jvbzvvy y ae xj.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones