Tuesday, September 15, 2009

What's happenin with the Patrick family!

I am going to try to stop starting posts with "We have been busy" since that just seems to be our life these days! I guess it just goes without saying!

Ali started school 2 weeks ago today and she LOVES it! She misses all of her friends from Weekday (especially Bennett, Tate and Maggie Beth!) but we still see them on a regular basis through activities/church! I could not have asked for better teachers for Ali this year. I have known Ms. Garrett for as long as I can remember and Ms. Valerie has the biggest smile/warmest personality as well! Ali literally gets so excited to go to school - which says a lot since she did not know any of her classmates going into it. We started carpool this year and she hops right out and I literally watch her hopping into the building, with excitement! We started music class this past week with our favorite teacher, Mrs. Arie! Both of the girls loved it and it was amazing for me to watch how completely different their little personalities are - just in that class. Ali since day 1 of music class sits by me and on my lap and Rhodes took off crawling, standing, "walking" around the class the second we got in there. I don't think I got her to sit on my lap for an entire minute! I love these two for their sweet little differences! Makes life more fun! Starting next week, we are going to have lunch dates with Bennett after Music class so Ali is really excited about that! She is missing her little buddy so much! Last week was Lil Lambs week at church so the three of us got to spend a LOT of time up at the church so luckily Ali got in a lot of QT with Tate and Bennett, too! (I am so relieved it is over though - I feel like I barely saw the girls last week!!!) Ali also started ballet two weeks ago and she LOVES it!! I mean, loves it!! It is the cutest thing to watch these precious little 2 year olds dance around (they even do a little tap along with the ballet!) - Thursday nights are now a highlight of my week! It is such a cute little class and both Libby and Maggie Beth are in there so Ali loves it even more! I have to brag that after the first class the teacher came up to me and made a point to tell me that Ali did great and was one of the best in there. Now, she probably said this to all of the moms :) but it still made me proud of my little budding ballerina! She comes home and practices twirling around - she is quite our little priss!

Along with our new music class for Rhodes, Rhodes and I are also enjoying spending Tuesday mornings together - just the two of us, one on one. It is the one day that Ali is in school that we have together and I am so happy to have it. It is so hard the second time around to find that complete one on one time and Rhodes is such a character to play with! Yesterday, all day long, she would take official steps to me - 3 or 4 at a time, not holding onto a thing! Walking, here we come!! She can push up to standing from a squatting position and stands as much as she can. Such a big girl! She is also going to school (Mother's Morning Out) at First Baptist too (right down the hall from Ali) - just one day a week. I was not looking forward to it, to be honest - it's just hard dropping my baby off anywhere (I felt the same way with Ali!) but she LOVES it and I think in the end, it is good for her to get to play with other little babies her age. She has only been twice (it's once a week) but I get so excited about when time rolls around to get to go pick her up - and so far she has gotten great reports from her teachers. I still can not believe we are only about 2.5 weeks from her FIRST birthday! I know I need to stop saying that, but time has literally flown!!

I know we will continue to be busy but I just wanted to update everyone on what we'd been up to!! This next month we are already booked up with at least two birthday parties every weekend too - I guess that's what happen the year Ryan and I turn 30 and friends have 30th birthday parties and then having two little girls with lots of cute friends - we have a lot to look forward to! I'm hoping we find time to catch our breath before the holidays, but that is life and life is good! Happy Fall!

No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones