Wednesday, September 9, 2009

One more month!

Rhodes turned 11 months last week - only one more month until my sweet little baby will be one! I think she is ready to be one (she is trying to steal her sister's milk sippy cup as I type - a common pasttime around here) but her Mama is not so ready. I am holding on tight to this sweet little baby! Rhodesy now has 3.5 teeth - the top two started coming in the day she turned 11 months - her left one is just making a little more progress than the right. She is eating meals with us, standing up all by herself (she loves to clap every time she stands up - it's too cute!), still trying soo hard to walk! I will be very surprised if she is not walking by her first birthday! We spend most of our days together "practicing" as she holds onto my hands around and around the house - and she is NOT happy when I try to stop. I think she could walk 24 hours a day (holding my hands) if I let her! On a HUGE note for us - she started sleeping through the night pretty much on her 11 month birthday. Now we have gone back and forth on this for months, but I feel like we have finally officially reached this milestone - and in her own bed! :) It took some crying - which I hate to do - but we are all enjoying our sleep around here now! The girls get up after 8 lately which gives me plenty of time to run in the morning and get ready - sooo nice - it's about time! :) Rhodes' hair is getting longer - it is amazing how much more hair she has than Ali did at her age! She even has cute (little) curls popping up in the back now! She has mastered most of her little tricks like blowing kisses and saying mmmwwwaaa, clapping her hands, waving bye bye, putting her hands in the air when we say "Hands up!", etc. Rhodes is quite the busy bee and always on the move and we are so happy she is ours! She wants/tries to do anything and everything her sister does - they are so sweet together and love to love on eachother, laugh together and even have their little spats - I guess acting like sisters starts early! Rhodes is saying lots of Mamama when she sees me and Dadada when she sees Ryan and Bababa when she sees Baxter - but the word I have noticed a lot lately is "addii" - I think she is trying to say Ali!

Happy 11 months sweet Rhodes! Time flies when you're having fun!

No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones