Friday, April 10, 2009

Masters '09

Ryan loves golf and, of course, the Masters.  This year, he got his very own tickets to the practice round.  He has gotten to go a few other times the past few years (I think all thanks to Ty), but it was neat this year b/c he applied and got his own!  Luckily, he invited me to go!  I was nervous to leave the girls and figure out how to be away from Rhodes for so long since I'm still nursing but we had a great time!  First time I have been away from the girls for so long (twelve/thirteen hours!!).  The course had the greenest grass I have ever seen and it was an experience I will never forget! :)  I was so excited to get to have my first pimeto cheese/egg salad sandwiches. What a treat!  I hope we get to go back again soon.  Thank you Ryan for letting me come along on my first Masters trip!!

What's great about going on Wednesday is that you can bring your camera in (only on practice round days and absolutely no cell phones) and you get to watch the Par 3 tournament.  Here are just a few pictures of our day, the scenery and a few players....

Ryan and I first coming in

The entrance the players come in
In front of the clubhouse
Some scenes of the holes/scenery...
One of the holes on Amen Corner
Even watching the lawn getting mowed was amazing! :)


Ty and Ryan
Big hill!
The beautiful houses on the course where players get to stay
The first actual players we came across...legends!  Nicklaus, Palmer and Player
My favorite, Zach Johnson!! I met him a few years ago and had a picture with him and a golf ball signed by him - had no idea who he was - and a few weeks after that he won the Masters!
Thank you to Grandmommy and Granddaddy for keeping the girls all day!  They had so much fun and it was easier to enjoy ourselves knowing they were in good hands and having fun!  

No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones