Saturday, September 29, 2007

First words, first steps

What a week! I feel like, at this point, Ali changes daily and is doing something new every day!! It's hard to keep up so I need to write here more often - but then again, it's hard for me to use the computer without Ali wanting to come play at my feet and be next to me at all times (which is not good b/c she especially loves to pull the keyboard cord down and one day I just know it is going to hit her on her head) Ali and I took a girls trip with my mom this past week to St. Simons from Monday to Wednesday. It was a nice little getaway and I had all intentions of getting a cute Ali beach shot but the wind was blowing so hard it looked like ghosts were on the sand and the sand would head straight for Ali's eyes when she was sitting on the sand. So, no good beach shots - dangit. For about the past week, Ryan and I have been convinced that Ali has been saying her first word - I hope this is not a sign of what's to come b/c at this point I really do believe that Ali thinks this is Ali's world and we are all just living in it. (and what's wrong with that? or have I created a little monster - but a cute one?) So, true to her personality, Ali's first word (at least what we believe to be her first word) was "Ali!!". She says it all the time. She loves to imitate me talking on the phone and puts it up to her face and just goes "Ali!". I'm guessing this is b/c I always hand it to her and say "It's for Ali!". It cracks me up! So, this morning - she did the cutest thing. We have been going to a Music Class at the church since Ali was about 2 1/2 months old and she LOVES it. In that class, her favorite song is the song we sing every morning when we start the class - "Sing hello to Ali, Ali, Ali, Sing hello to Ali, God loves you!" (and then on to the other babies in the class). This morning, I started singing it and she started clapping and when it came time for her name - Ali sang with me!! It was so cute - I wish I had a video to prove it and show it! Although her version sounds a little bit more like Ady than Ali - but we know what she means!

Ali is also on the verge of walking, more and more every day. When she is holding my hands, she speed walks around the room. When we were at the beach, she would take a chair from our dining room table and more the chair around the room - I guess so she could balance on it. I thought that was really smart of her! She also discovered the stairs in our beach condo and every time we took our eyes off of her for a minute - she was up the stairs! It was scary, but she was so proud of herself so I let her do it a few times and just walked right behind her to make sure she didn't fall.

I want to post some pictures and describe what she's doing and I'm not sure how to do it so I'm just going to post more later!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I told everyone at the Ole Miss game about her first word! I guess she's already pretty into herself, but who wouldn't be with that face?


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones