Tuesday, August 23, 2011

First day of school today!!! Rhodes' version!

My sweet Rhodeso was so excited this morning to wake up and go to school! After my post on Sunday about the lack of sleep and accidents - it's possible I un-jinxed myself! She went to bed at 5:15 pm on Sunday night and didn't wake up until 7:00 on Monday morning - yay for sleep! (and slept great last night too!) And, we have had zero accidents since Sunday - yahoo! I was able to send my baby to school today in her big girl panties after all! :) Rhodes and I got up this morning and made breakfast and just chatted. She named all of her friends that she is excited to see at school today and I am on pins and needles waiting to hear how her first day went! :) We love our little Wooga and we are so proud of her and the little character she is!


Rhodes was so excited to get to school that she did not want/have time to fool with the Mama paparazzi! Just to give you a glimpse of our attempted photo session...

(Ryan had to get to work early for a closing this morning, so Ali was the photographer!)
And, after documenting Ali's first day so well yesterday with a picture of her with her new teacher...unfortunately, this is the best I could do for Rhodes! :) She went right in and didn't look back! I considered asking her teacher to get with her and hold her so she would look at me - but, with a couple sad kiddos, she had her hands full - plus, why prolong my goodbye and maybe make Rhodes sad in the end?? I have to admit, it felt kind of weird walking out of there with both of my little girls in school - but, felt so good to know that they both looked so happy when I left and did not even look back! :)

**After pick-up note** Rhodes had an AWESOME first day! I wish I had a tape recorder so you could hear her excitement and her review of the day when she got in the car! She was a chatterbox and told me everything she did and all of the friends she played with! This Mama had MISSED her today - I mean, she had gone to school last year for the same amount of time - but we had quite the summer of togetherness and I missed my baby today! Plus, she goes to lunch bunch until 1:45 and I picked up Ali at noon (she will usually have ballet on Tuesdays but class does not start until September) and I just wanted to run in there and sneak a peek and grab her to hear how her day was going! And, after two years of having to walk in and get my toddler, it was bittersweet to pull up and see my "baby" standing out there, looking like such a big girl with someone else walking her out (not needing her mama!) - made me tear up a bit! But, the tears were quickly wiped away when I saw and heard the excitement and the fun she had had that day! SO so proud of my baby girl!

1 comment:

Amy said...

This is just incredibly precious and I'm so proud that Rhodes did great today!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones