Wednesday, August 10, 2011

As good as it gets!

Life as we know it is pretty darn good...although I have a feeling it's about to get even better! Tomorrow marks the first day of school for Marietta City and it is hard to believe that some of Ali's little first friends will be starting kindergarten. I can't believe that in one year my first little baby will be heading that way as well - so glad I have an entire year to let it soak in. I have a feeling this time next year, I will be a basket case! We have enjoyed a fun summer - but I can't believe it is already that time for school to start again! We still have about a week and a half to enjoy before our daily routines kick back in - and I have a goal to enjoy some lazy summer mornings/afternoons with nowhere to be! Unfortunately, we did not get enough of those this summer - but, then again, I'd probably be stir crazy and pulling out my hair if we did! So here are some pictures to enjoy to sum up our July! Before you look, let me preface by saying - most of these are iphone pictures and about 90% of them are blurry - but you get the idea. I am so jealous of people that come back with picture perfect memories of the beach vacations, etc - I am not one of those...but, I did live in the moment and hope I remember these days. One of these days, I will be better about taking pictures - but, until then, I need to find someone that will follow me around and take great photographs of our memories while I am busy making them! :)

We rung in Ryan's 31st birthday mid-July and celebrated by going to my cousin, Jessica's rehearsal dinner in Atlanta that night. The whole wedding weekend was beautiful and Ali was in Heaven getting to be the flower girl! Rhodes also thought she was the flower girl...but, our little busy bee two year old was not quite ready for the big role! (maybe by the time Uncle Sig gets married one day! :)) Ali loved every second of it and we were soo proud of our little flower girl. She also developed a quick crush on the ring bearer and had fun playing chase and giggling at all of his jokes all weekend long! (we are going to be in big trouble with this little flirt one day! yikes!)


The girls both stayed out way passed their bedtimes both nights - but had the time of their life (no exaggeration - they were in Heaven!) dancing the night away. There is nothing that these two Patrick girls love more than singing and dancing and they were truly the belles of the ball! (well, the young belles of the ball - of course the bride stole the show!) They did not stop dancing until we dragged them out the door after 10 pm...they danced with anyone they could - daddy, Papa, Uncle Sig, Uncle Ty....we had some worn out girls after this wedding weekend! As long as the music was going, their little bodies were moving to the beat! (again, excuse the blurriness...and let me know if you know of someone to fill my full-time photographer needs) :)

Daddy and his girls...
Papa and his girls...



Dancing buddies

Sharing Papa and Uncle Sig...

On Sunday morning, we got up early, cleaned our house for a showing that day and heading to SSI. We spent one night at our beach house, then headed down Monday morning to Amelia Island to stay at the Ritz for a few nights...it was perfection! Ryan got to play golf, surprised me with a mani/pedi at the Ritz spa and we had lots of good (crazy?) family time!

Searching for seashells...




Heading to the awesome pool...
The girls did a Ritz pirate scavenger hunt and got some fun glowsticks to wear at night....always such a struggle to get these two to smile and look at me at the same time! :)
After our short, but sweet adventure to Amelia, we headed back to our home away from home (St Simons) for a week. We relaxed, ate well, swam a lot, played putt-putt, and even ventured out to Summer Waves water park one afternoon to check it out! We all had fun - but, it made me realize that I am not yet ready to head to White Water just yet - maybe next summer!


Ali was a competitive little Putt-putter..
But, Rhodes preferred dancing on the sidelines...

Making beach breakfast faces...



Fun at the Summer Waves!

One important note - when we arrived in St. Simons our first night of the trip, Rhodes also decided that she was finally ready to say "goodbye" diapers and pullups and "hello" to big girl Tinkerbell panties. Hallelujah! A few weeks later, we have a diaper-free house for now and although there are still accidents sometimes - I could not be more proud of my little Rhodeso! There was a time (probably a month ago and before) I thought I would be sending Rhodes to kindergarten in diapers b/c she just refused to use the potty - but she proved me wrong and she is such a girl girl now! There are many mornings, though, where Rhodes decides she would rather go without any pants (easier potty access) all morning long - and run around outside panty-less (with just her pajama top on), so we are working on that! :) Love my little character!

Here I go on a blogging roll!! Let's see if I can keep it up!

No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones