Monday, August 15, 2011

Back in the swing of things!

Happy Sunday! We are all excited b/c we are kicking off back to school week at the Patrick household. Ali starts Pre-K tomorrow and could not be more excited. She has a precious class full of cute little friends, great new teachers and such an eagerness to learn - she makes her Mama and Daddy so proud! I know this is going to be a great year for her and I am going to soak up every minute of her 9-12 days (Mon-Thurs) and our Friday mornings together before she starts big school next year! :)

Rhodes starts big girl school on Tuesday! She is so excited to be a big girl and to get to go in carpool line two days a week. We had meet and greet last week for both of the girls and they both loved it! I also love Rhodes' teachers and her cute little class (even though there is only one other little girl and 8 boys!!) and I think she is going to have a great year! Rhodes was literally running the halls after her meet & greet saying "This was SO much fun!" ....sure makes me Mama feel good to know she is in such good hands and loves it! :) We are so, so proud of her - but, we have had some setbacks the last few days. For some reason she has had lots of accidents and is kind of moving backwards in potty training - just in time to start school! :) We are not quite sure what is going on - but she has also been waking up in the middle of the night and screaming/crying for an hour or so - not good for a prego mama who is already having trouble sleeping! To top it off - the first night she started the sleep deprived nights, I had already woken up sick (sore throat, pounding headache, and ugly cold to go with it!) and have been feeling under the weather the last few days. Thank God for Ryan and for the weekend! I think this family just needs to get back in the swing of things - back to a good routine, good sleep and a regular schedule! It is the perfect time for school to start around here! :)

And, just an update on Patrick baby #3! I went in for my 13 week appointment last Monday (8/15) and, after our ultrasound, we moved our due date from 2/20 to 2/23. I'm thinking a Valentine's Day baby would be perfect! :) (or just a healthy baby any time in February would be perfect, of course) Since this is our last baby, we are planning on NOT finding out the sex this go-around. Never in a million years did I think those words would come out of my mouth, but, I have to admit, it is pretty exciting wondering what this baby will be. Let's just see if I can do it and not lose my mind (not being able to plan!) before February...fingers crossed I don't give in! :) So far, everything has gone smoothly and honestly, it's hard to even find time to think about being pregnant while chasing around the older 2! I hope to keep the blog updated often with pregnancy news as we anticipate the arrival of our baby next February. We have a busy year ahead of us and we are so excited for what lies ahead!

No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones