Saturday, April 9, 2011

Spring Break 2011

This was definitely my favorite beach trip yet! I was thinking about it and the last 5 years I have either been pregnant at the beach or at the beach with a less than one year old or one year old and packing up and I was exhausted just thinking about going to the beach and packing everything up! This year, the girls are at such a fun age and LOVED the beach!

This little one was in pure Heaven - she could have played in the waves for hours! (there were a lot less jelly fish on day two thanks to wind and waves!)

Ali loved the ocean too but preferred to be in the sand relaxing, playing in the sand and playing paddle ball!
Poor thing could not keep her bathing suit bottoms up!
It was the perfect, relaxing trip! (well, as relaxing as it can be with two children ages 2 & 4!) The both really were great and played hard, slept great - and we loved getting to have daddy off work for a few days to help and play with!

We had fun eating at some of our favorite restaurants! (the girls love to check out this mermaid outside of Gnat's Landing - one of our favorites!)
Ali and I got mani/pedis while Rhodes napped one day! I think I have created a monster - she was in Heaven! It may have to become a ritual of ours and we can't wait for Rhodes to be old enough to be able to sit still and join us!

We did lots of walking in our stroller...
And of course hit up every playground on the island where lots of swinging was of course involved....

But, with a background like this, I didn't mind pushing them all day! :)

As soon as we got in the car to head home, I got out my calendar to start figuring out when we can come back. We have a week long trip planned for July but I can't wait that long!!

Our spring break continued with more fun! We stopped by Macon on the way home to meet the newest member of the McNeel family, Lynde! She was precious and the girls, of course, loved playing with Harry!

On Friday, we headed to the zoo and this was unfortunately the only picture I made it home with - eating cotton candy on our way out! The zoo was a zoo as it was the Friday of Spring break, but the girls were great, we saw lots of animals and had fun with fun friends!!
We definitely have spring fever around here and can't wait for a spring and summer outside with fun things to do!!

No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones