Monday, April 4, 2011

2.5 years of Rhodes!

Can't believe my baby girl is already 2 and a half years old! I don't remember what life was like before Rhodeso entered our lives - she has filled this household full of laughter (LOTS of it!), joy, energy (and exhaustion!), and so much more! She amazes us every day with the things she says! She is a child who dives into life head first - not afraid of much, a smile constantly on her face and a tear rarely in her eye! I must say - she is also not afraid of throwing a fit or trying to get her way - even when her Mama tells her no ma'am! She is our family's comedian - even her teachers tell me how she is one of the funniest kids they have ever met. She does funny things at school like eat her friend's (especially her bffs in class - Lee and Webb) lunches when no one is looking! :) She loves to sing songs like the Veggietales theme song, her ABCs, Old McDonald, B-I-N-G-O and everything in between. When she sings, she sings loud and clear for all to hear! ;) It is my goal to get a video on here asap of her blurting out her favorite show, Veggietales, theme song. Hilarious! She loves to run around and play outside (and of course swing!), play in the ocean/pool, do gymnastics and jump on the trampoline and the girl just really loves life! She has the type of personality where she will just go, go, go until she crashes...and crashes hard! She adores her big sister and thinks all of Ali's little friends are her best buddies too. Whenever we have playdates, they are always three little amigos. Both Ali and Rhodes' teachers tell me that Rhodes is like a local celebrity when both of their classes happen to pass in the hall or end up in the playroom at the same time on a rainy day. There was one day, Rhodes' teacher told me that it was like the paparazzi and when all of the little girls in Ali's class spotted Rhodes (including Ali) they swarmed around her and at one point had a circle around her and when Rhodes made her way out from all of her "fans" :) her hair was all messed up, bow had fallen out, etc. She is the perfect mix of loveable/huggable/hilarious/stinker and we love her to the moon and back! One of our favorite things she does right now is when we tell her she can't do something, she will turn away, shake her head and quietly say "oh maaaan"...it is hilarious. She also calls for me when she wakes up "Ooooh Moooomm, where are you???" - (she sounds like a teenager when she talks to me and always calls me Mom - I can just see the eye rolling I have to look forward to in about 11 years that will go with it!) We love our sweet Rhodesy more everyday and are so grateful God brought her into our lives 2.5 years ago! She has taught me so much as a mother and gives me a run for my money daily and I adore her more than she will ever know!

No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones