Saturday, November 27, 2010

Five years later...

Yesterday Ryan and I celebrated our 5 year anniversary and it was perfect! Since this is Thanksgiving weekend (and the UGA/GT game) - we decided to have our official celebration last weekend, where Ryan took me here....
(Old Edwards Inn - Highlands, NC = AMAZING!!)
(Ryan packing the car....Our room was right above his head - the two middle patios were ours...with a perfect view of downtown Highlands!)
We had so much fun on our little weekend getaway! It truly was an amazing little place - our hotel was fabulous - I highly highly recommend it to anyone looking for a short getaway to get pampered and eat all the Dove bars you want! :) I felt bad b/c that was our gift to eachother - but Ryan did ALL of the planning and chose the place, room, etc - and I am soo thankful!

It is always so nice to get away...but also so nice to be excited to come home to too smiling face! These two were so happy to have us home...they got right to work helping rake the leaves...
And helping cook some dinner....


Yesterday, since we'd already celebrated and were recovering from Thanksgiving - we still had the perfect low key day. Ryan had to take Rhodes to the doctor so I could get some things done (and since he was off of work - I was so grateful that he took her!) - turns out she had a double ear infection. Poor thing, she was miserable! I feel for people who have children with constant ear infections, because (knock on wood) that is one thing our kids have not had and poor Rhodes has had a hard time with this - it has been so sad to see her in such pain! (I hope I didn't just jinx us!) We were relieved to find out that is what it was, though, and get her on some antibiotics (and back on the neb for her bad cough!) and hope she is on her road to recovery! We spent the rest of the day listening to Christmas music, filling our house with Christmas decorations, eating a family anniversary lunch at Longhorn (Ryan's favorite!) and picking out our Christmas tree! It was the perfect day! To top it off, we ended the night with the girls at Mimi and Papa's (they were SO excited to go over there to decorate too - they asked all day if it was time yet! :)) and Ryan and I went out to dinner with fun friends - two of whom stood by my side exactly 5 years ago from last night! (Kate and AM) It was such a treat to be with them and we had too much fun!

I am so thankful to have married Ryan five years ago and love him so much! He is such a great, patient, loving husband to me - even though I know I am not always that easy to live with :) -and the best dad to our girls! I can't wait for the next five (ten, fifteen, twenty....)! Happy anniversary Ryan!

No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones