Saturday, May 9, 2009

2.5 years and thriving!

This post may make me cry....my little Ali turned 2.5 yesterday!  2.5 years. Amazing!  I have mixed feelings about this b/c I feel like since Rhodes has been born, Ali has grown up so much! In some ways, I feel like she should be older than that, but in many, I can not believe how fast my firstborn is growing up!  I love my ABP for making me a mother and for the light/joy/laughs/smiles/even sometimes frustrations she brings into our lives! At 2.5, Ali talks like a 5 year old, loves to play outside, with her sister, with Baxter, with her Mama and Daddy and all of her family and friends.  She is also very protective of us all and has such a sweet heart.  She loves to sing (especially Cinderella/Enchanted songs), dance, run around, jump, swing, read books, eat lollipops, popcorn and popsicles! Lately, she says cute things like "Mama, that was so very nice of you!" when I get something for her and gives the best hugs and kisses around!  This past week, she improved daily in swim lessons and by the end of the week, she was going under like a champ and "swimming" to her instructor who was a foot or two away!  She also started potty training herself and with out much effort on my party - made great progress!  At dinner Thursday, Ryan and I were so proud of her as she said the prayer for us! (God is great)  I am in awe of this little girl and know that she will move mountains one day!

Ali B at 6 months (at Watercolor with the McNeels)
A year later at 18 months
Our little 30 month old this week getting ready to go swim!
We love you Ali B and can't wait to see what this next year brings!

1 comment:

Amy said...

It's because y'all are such great parents!!! She is just so precious!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones