Tuesday, March 17, 2009

March Madness!

It has been a busy March for the Patrick family!  This past weekend I felt like I couldn't come up for air with everything on our plate - but we had a relaxing day today and things are getting back to normal.  The girls spent a lot of time at the church last week so I could put in my time on Lil Lambs committee during the sale and with Mimi and Grandmommy as I worked.  We are all doing well and still looking forward to April 15th! :)  We just got back from a nice walk in this great weather - much better than the cold and rainy weather we had all weekend long!!  Welcome Spring - I hope you are here to stay!

Rhodes is getting so close to sitting up completely on her own.  I think she would be by now if I had more time to sit her on the floor and let her practice.  She is so strong and is now almost completely rolling over - she gets 7/8 of her body turned over - just can't get the final shove to get her belly/arm over.  It's so cute to watch her b/c she is so determined and I have a feeling she will be rolling over both ways soon.  She actually did it the other day, but she was on our bed, so I'm not sure that counts.  She is also learning to wave (which is so cute!), found her feet this week, is loving her rice cereal and oatmeal (we just started 2 meals a day today!), teething, loving her jumperoo and smiling and laughing with us all the time!  I feel like she has all of a sudden turned into this little person and we truly love her more every day!  

Ali is our little chatterbox and is completely obsessed with watching Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty and throws Pinocchio (while eating popcorn) into the mix every now and then.  I love watching her dress up.  I also think we are getting close to potty training as she has been showing interest in it.  I have honestly selfishly been putting it off until Rhodes was a little older/spring was here (less clothes to take off each time) but as soon as tax season is over and I am home more often, I think we will be full on potty training.  Ali is constantly wanting to wear her Dora or Princess pull-ups!  Some of my favorite things Ali is saying right now are "Oh my goodness!" or "Mommy, you're my friend!".   She is a great sleeper, but every night when I tuck her in she tries to persuade me to stay by saying "Mommy, can you lay down with me for just one minute?" - it's hard to resist sometimes.  She loves to talk about her little friends and LOVES to go play with them.  She is one busy little bee!

Here are some pictures of our life these days.  Sitting up, dressing up, matching clothes most days (I'm obsessive!), playing, eating, making messes, taking baths, hanging out and having fun!


Ali loves to look at herself in the mirror.  She is now saying "Mirror, mirror on the wall!" (also loves for us to read Snow White to her - unfortunately, we do not have that movie!)

Rhodes loves her rattle!


Sweet messy faces of our little girls....
This is what happens when daddy feeds Rhodes.... :)  Such a sweet little face!







No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones