Sunday, December 28, 2008

Happy birthday Jesus!

Christmas Eve is my favorite day of the year and I could not wait to go to church and celebrate. I think that it is just the anticipation of what is to come and there is nothing in the world to me like the feeling I have during church on Christmas Eve. I feel like all is right with the world and I love it. I also love getting to share it with my family and to watch it now through the eyes of my child(ren). Ali is really into birthdays right now so she loved that it was Jesus' birthday (well, Christmas day) and kept talking about it! When we got to the church, she wanted to go see Jesus the entire time and kept saying "Happy birthday Jesus!!" - it was too cute! She was so excited to go out (in the rain) to the nativity scene at church and see baby Jesus. By the time night finally rolled around, she started to get frustrated and finally asked me "Mommy, where is he!?!?" It makes my heart happy that she is already knows that Christmas is Jesus' birthday - not just about Santa Claus (although she sure is glad he came to see her too!) Here are just some pictures from our Christmas Eve day and night!



On the way to the Children's church service - Ali loved her angel halo and wings! When she saw people she knew, she would get so excited and grab her wings and say "I'm an angel!!" Daddy with baby Rhodes!


Ali, the Christmas angel sitting with Mimi and Papa at our church







Ali loved having her wand to complete the outfit.





Rhodes, our newest Christmas angel




At the altar with the other children and members of the nativity scene.... (Dr. Sam stopped me to tell us that they forgot to mention in the story that sometimes angels brought their mothers with them to see baby Jesus! Ali did not want to go by herself.) A few times, during the silent moments, Ali would turn to me and say "I want to see baby Jesus!" We are very into repeating these days!







Grandmama and Granddaddy came too!





Rhodes and Big Papa



Look who we found - Libby! Giving sweet hugs!


Ali with Granddaddy and Grandmama



After the service, we went to my parents house to see all of my side of the family to have dinner and open presents. Ali did not have a nap that day and completely crashed before the night was over - she tried so hard to stay awake but was a complete zombie by the end. Here are just a few pictures from our night.
Ali or Santa?




Opening presents and trying not to fall asleep!

I hope every one had a very Merry Christmas!! Happy birthday Jesus! :)










No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones