Friday, April 6, 2012

Good Friday!

I love the Easter season and all that it brings! I feel like I have been so overwhelmed with all that we have going on that I have yet to realize it is even here and to celebrate this time of Jesus' resurrection. Our entire family of 5 did make it to church for the first time all together last Sunday on Palm Sunday, but Beck got hungry as soon as the girls walked down the aisle waving their palms, and the two of us jetted out the door. We had our first Easter Egg hunt of the season yesterday with fun friends at Maple Avenue playground and I wish I had pictures, but I dropped my phone in a cup of water on Tuesday night and it is pretty much out of commission. :) Perfect timing! Ryan is off of work today and took the girls to Waffle House for breakfast and I am sitting here with a sleeping baby next to me, a pile of packing newspapers on the table and boxes beside me in a semi-empty house, with an air conditioning man servicing our a/c and furnace in the crawlspace below me, the TV off (our cable stopped working on Wednesday after some repair men were here in the crawlspace cleaning our a/c ducts!) and taking a few minutes of this peace and quiet to think about this Easter season and what it means and despite the crazy chaos in our lives right now, how blessed we really are. So thankful to have air conditioning (it stopped working last weekend, but, thank the good Lord it is working again!), to have pretty much sold our house, to have a healthy almost 7 week old, 3 year old and 5 year old and a hard working husband who takes care of us all. We still have Easter eggs to paint, Easter egg hunts to attend, all of our Easter Sunday activities at church, and hopefully the Easter bunny will not forget us and have time to get candy for our 3 little munchkins - but, I am so thankful what this weekend and season truly mean and for this Christian holiday that brings restoration and peace that this tired and crazy Mama could really use right now! :) Happy Good Friday everyone!

No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones