Saturday, December 3, 2011

Christmastime is officially here!

Christmas has officially arrived in Marietta and the Patrick household! It all started when our elf, Snowflake, arrived the night before Thanksgiving! We were all surprised by her early arrival this year! That morning, Ali was in my room and I saw her look in my closet (where a few secret presents are hidden) with big eyes - I immediately said "What do you think you're doing!" and she ran out terrified (I thought of me and felt bad!). She wouldn't go near my room the rest of the day! Later that day, when I went to get something out of my closet, I noticed the real cause of her fear - Snowflake had mysteriously landed (possibly from a shelf in my closet where she had landed after being found in a Christmas decorations box the night before) in my closet, face down, on the floor. Poor thing looked like she was dead! (now that's enough to terrify an easily frightened child!) Thank goodness, we discovered that she later moved - and we believe she had just been a little clumsy on her way in and accidentally bumped her head, knocked herself out for a little bit, and taken a quick nap before making it to her spot on a shelf! Phew! So glad she is safely here with us now! And, unfortunately for my favorite elf name from last year (Connie), she has now been re-named Snowflake after watching the new Elf on the Shelf movie and hearing that name!

After Snowflake arrived, she has been hiding all over the house (but, staying out of our rooms b/c that is NOT allowed - Ali and Rhodes are both still a little unsure of her and her "watching" them - so the "no rooms" rule helps!). Sometimes it is hard for her to remember to fly at night though and she ends up doing it at the last minute in the morning - so lazy! Snowflake and the advent calendar are the first things the girls want to look for when they wake up though - so she's got to step it up!

The past week has been busy kicking of the Christmas season with Snowflake - starting off with a fabulous trip to Disney World (more to come, I promise!), Christmas shopping, Christmas light/decoration shopping, house decorating, putting up our Christmas tree, listening to Christmas music, making a gingerbread house and lots more to come! We also spent the first night of December at one of my favorite Christmas traditions - going up to the square to watch Santa arrive in Marietta and the Christmas tree lighting. It has been especially special to me the last two years, as my dad got to welcome everyone to Marietta and this year, both girls went on stage to help him count down to the big tree lighting. Here are some pictures from our fun night. Be sure to watch the video and keep an extra eye on Rhodes as she counts down!
He's here!
So excited!
So fun to see friends on the square!
Mimi, Papa and the girls on stage!



No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones